Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2018, 12:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 164 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 542313 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2584 on: January 05, 2018, 02:55:50 AM »

'All vices must first be eradicated by the practice of good works in the active life, so that, the mind's eye being purified, one may advance to the contemplation of God in the contemplative life.'

St. Isidore of Seville

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2585 on: January 07, 2018, 12:32:22 AM »

'If you have not yet received the gift of prayer or psalmody, ask persistently, and you will receive.'

St. Nilus of Sinai

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2586 on: January 08, 2018, 02:55:55 PM »

'The servant of God ought to seek knowledge, but never to show it or make a parade of it.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2587 on: January 09, 2018, 04:20:40 AM »

'I resolve in the first place to remain continually in the presence of God and to ask myself frequently if I would do this or that if my confessor or superior were watching me and especially if God and my guardian angel were present.'

St. Conrad of Parzham, resolutions in the novitiate

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2588 on: January 10, 2018, 02:59:40 AM »

'Preserve the harmony of the soul's virtues, and it will bring forth the fruit of righteousness.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2589 on: January 11, 2018, 09:29:56 PM »

'Woe to him who neglects to recommend himself to Mary, and thus closes the channel of grace!'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2590 on: January 12, 2018, 12:05:45 AM »

'But if these beings angels guard you, they do so because they have been summoned by your prayers.'

St. Ambrose of Milan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2591 on: January 13, 2018, 07:29:51 AM »

'If any one thought to sweeten the vast waters of the sea with one drop of fresh water, would he not be justly regarded as a fool? So also the man who thinks or hopes to do any good without the help of God grievously deceives himself. If he claims any good as his own, God will not fail to humble and confound him; such a man could never become the Lord's instrument, nor accomplish great things for His glory.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2592 on: January 14, 2018, 10:53:02 AM »

'Let us profit by the time which He gives us and delay no longer; but let us not be anxious, for anxiety serves but to increase our trouble.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2593 on: January 17, 2018, 10:57:32 AM »

'Go forward, forget yourself, and let Him act, for He loves you; by wanting to do too much, you hinder Him from furthering the work of your perfection.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2594 on: January 18, 2018, 12:17:05 AM »

'The path of virtue is painful to nature when left to itself; but nature, assisted by grace, finds it easy and agreeable.'

Ven. Louis de Granada

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2595 on: January 19, 2018, 05:27:49 PM »

'If you wish to advance in the love of God, speak of it; for pious conversations are to charity what the wind is to the flame.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2596 on: January 20, 2018, 12:02:28 AM »

'Nothing but sin can separate us from God. You do not wish to sin; therefore preserve your heart in peace, and have it constantly turned towards heaven.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2597 on: January 21, 2018, 12:55:10 AM »

'We ought to pray God importunately to increase in us every day the light and heat of his goodness.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2598 on: January 22, 2018, 09:02:51 AM »

'What did Our Lord answer the curious man in the Gospel who asked Him, "Lord, is it only a few to be saved?" Did He keep silence? Did He answer haltingly? Did He conceal His thought for fear of frightening the crowd? No. Questioned by only one, He addresses all of those present. He says to them: "You ask Me if there are only few who are saved?" Here is My answer: "Strive to enter by the narrow gate; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able." Who is speaking here? It is the Son of God, Eternal Truth, who on another occasion says even more clearly, "Many are called, but few are chosen." He does not say that all are called and that out of all men, few are chosen, but that many are called; which means, as Saint Gregory explains, that out of all men, many are called to the True Faith, but out of them few are saved. Brothers, these are the words of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Are they clear? They are true. Tell me now if it is possible for you to have faith in your heart and not tremble.'

St. Leonard of Port Maurice

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2599 on: January 24, 2018, 01:37:42 AM »

'The only true riches are those that make us rich in virtue. Therefore, if you want to be rich, beloved, love true riches. If you aspire to the heights of real honor, strive to reach the kingdom of Heaven. If you value rank and renown, hasten to be enrolled in the heavenly court of the Angels.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2600 on: January 25, 2018, 07:04:20 AM »

'Just as water and fire cannot be combined, so self-justification and humility exclude one another.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 164 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: