Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:23:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1239002 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2608 on: February 04, 2018, 06:38:36 AM »

'Always give the preference to actions which appear to you the most agreeable to God, and most contrary to self-love.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2609 on: February 06, 2018, 03:06:51 AM »

'This very moment I may, if I desire, become the friend of God.'

St. Augustine

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2610 on: February 09, 2018, 08:09:37 AM »

'Nothing but self-will can separate us from God.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2611 on: February 11, 2018, 07:14:13 AM »

'This is the business of our life. By labor and prayer to advance in the grace of God, till we come to that height of perfection in which, with clean hearts, we may behold God.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2612 on: February 12, 2018, 08:44:06 PM »

'Pray persistently about everything, and then you will never do anything without God's help.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2613 on: February 13, 2018, 09:37:50 AM »

'Take a house that has been for a long time very dirty and neglected -- it is in vain to sweep it out, there will always be a nasty smell. It is the same with our soul after confession; it requires tears to purify it. My children, we must ask earnestly for repentance. After confession, we must plant a thorn in our heart, and never lose sight of our sins. We must do as the angel did to St. Francis of Assisi; he fixed in him five darts, which never came out again.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2614 on: February 15, 2018, 01:55:00 AM »

'May the perfect love of God reign in our hearts!'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2615 on: February 15, 2018, 11:45:00 AM »

'Souls who aspire to a sublime union with God by contemplation usually suffer interior purgations in one way or another.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2616 on: February 16, 2018, 02:01:21 AM »

'When a person who has been living a spiritual life for a long time falls into a serious fault, there is no better way of raising him up again than by exhorting him to manifest his fall to any pious friend with whom he has a particular intimacy: and God will reconduct him to his first estate for the sake of his humility.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2617 on: February 17, 2018, 02:10:41 AM »

'It was God's will that I should leave everything that was near and dear to me. I thank him for having called me to religious life where I have found such peace and joy as I could never have found in the world. My plan of life is chiefly this: to love and suffer, always meditating upon, adoring and admiring God's unspeakable love for his lowliest creatures.'

St. Conrad of Parzham

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2618 on: February 18, 2018, 02:43:33 AM »

'If I wish thee to be deaf, dumb and blind in My presence, must thou not be content to be so?'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2619 on: February 19, 2018, 04:10:32 AM »

'My son, give me thy heart: and let thy eyes keep my ways.'

Proverbs 23:26

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2620 on: February 20, 2018, 09:31:12 AM »

'Man has been created to praise, honor, and serve the Lord his God, and in this way to save his soul; and everything else on earth exists for man to aid him to reach the end which God has marked out for him in creating him. He must, then, use things as long only as they conduct him. to this end, and abstain from them whenever they turn him aside from it.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2621 on: February 21, 2018, 05:23:57 AM »

'If we want to do something but cannot, then before God, who knows our hearts, it is as if we have done it. This is true whether the intended action is good or bad.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2622 on: February 22, 2018, 02:28:21 AM »

'As long as the pot is on the fire, no fly nor any other animal can get near it, but as soon as it is cold, these creatures get inside. So it is for the monk; as long as he lives in spiritual activities, the enemy cannot find a means of overthrowing him.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2623 on: February 23, 2018, 02:22:53 AM »

'Jesus expires on the cross! He is dead that we may have life. All creation mourns: the sun darkens, the earth trembles, the rocks burst, and the veil of the temple is rent in twain; my heart alone remains harder than a rock!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: