Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:20:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238920 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2624 on: February 24, 2018, 05:09:42 AM »

'The conscience is nature's book. He who applies what he reads there experiences God's help.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2625 on: February 25, 2018, 04:09:29 AM »

'It seems to me that the Divine and Sovereign Goodness wishes to give you in His kingdom a most plentiful and munificent reward for the service you render Him; since for the good deeds for which others receive at least a little consolation in return, even as regards man, you have known only pain and most extraordinary contradictions.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2626 on: February 26, 2018, 02:19:52 PM »

'Worldly people are miserable when they have crosses, and good Christians are miserable when they have none. The Christian lives in the midst of crosses, as the fish lives in the sea.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2627 on: February 27, 2018, 04:17:52 AM »

'When you do a good action, have the intention of first pleasing God, and then of giving good example to your neighbor.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2628 on: February 28, 2018, 05:44:30 AM »

'There is no sin nor wrong that gives a man such a foretaste of hell in this life as anger and impatience. It is hated by God, it holds its neighbour in aversion, and has neither knowledge nor desire to bear and forbear with its faults. And whatever is said or done to it, it at once empoisons, and its impulses blow about like a leaf in the wind.'

St. Catherine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2629 on: February 28, 2018, 08:22:06 AM »

'First, discover by reflection whether you are occasionally or habitually negligent. Recollect whether the control of your heart is slipshod and haphazard.'

St. Bonaventure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2630 on: March 01, 2018, 04:54:20 AM »

'Courage then! Finish what you have begun for the sake of this divine Heart, and rest assured that Our Lord will repay you a hundredfold for all that you do for His love.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2631 on: March 02, 2018, 04:08:14 AM »

'We must not be wise according to the flesh. Rather we must be simple, humble and pure.'

St. Francis of Assisi

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2632 on: March 03, 2018, 05:39:14 AM »

'He who wishes to be wise without the true Wisdom, or saved without the Saviour, is not well, but sick - is not wise, but a fool.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2633 on: March 04, 2018, 04:41:50 AM »

'You will not see anyone who is really striving after his advancement who is not given to spiritual reading. And as to him who neglects it, the fact will soon be observed by his progress.'

St. Athanasius

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2634 on: March 05, 2018, 04:16:48 AM »

'As all things find rest only in their center and are irresistibly drawn to what is natural to them, even so my heart, wholly absorbed in its center, the humble heart of Jesus, has an unquenchable thirst for humiliations, contempt and oblivion on the part of creatures, and thus I never feel happier than when I am conformed to my crucified Spouse.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2635 on: March 06, 2018, 04:33:24 AM »

'The brightest ornaments in the crown of the blessed in heaven are the sufferings which they have borne patiently on earth.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2636 on: March 07, 2018, 10:34:11 AM »

'After Antichrist has been slain by lightning on Mount Olivet and his death has been made widely known through out the world, this our earth will exist for forty-five more days; I do not say years, but days. This is clearly to be seen in Daniel (12:11) : "And from the time when the continual sacrifice shall be taken away and the abomination of desolation shall be set up, there shall be one thousand, two hundred and ninety days. Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh unto the one thousand, three hundred and thirty-five days." The Doctors say that these forty-five days will be given by God for the conversion of those who have been seduced by Antichrist, but Antichrist will have left behind him so great riches and pleasure that hardly any of the nations will be converted to the Faith of Christ. For there is no savior but Christ, and yet they will not be converted.'

St. Vincent Ferrer

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2637 on: March 08, 2018, 07:33:48 AM »

'As far as you can, do some manual work so as to be able to give alms, for it is written that alms and faith purify from sin.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2638 on: March 09, 2018, 08:09:40 AM »

'We must endeavor to the utmost of our power to enter into the adorable Heart of our Lord by making ourselves very little and humbly confessing our nothingness, thus losing sight of self entirely.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2639 on: March 10, 2018, 07:15:15 AM »

'The wisdom of the Scriptures is learned rather by prayer than by study.'

St. Philip Neri

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: