Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1232713 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2640 on: March 11, 2018, 06:12:20 AM »

'Patient self-control and long-suffering love dry up the pleasures of soul and body.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2641 on: March 12, 2018, 06:44:24 AM »

'I want it to be understood that the Saviour was not tempted as we are and that temptation could not be in Him as it is in us, for He was an impregnable stronghold to which it did not have access. Just as a man who is vested from head to toe in fine steel could not be injured in any way by the blows of a weapon, since it would glance off on either side, not even scratching the armor; so temptation could indeed encompass Our Lord but never enter into Him, nor do any injury to His integrity and perfect purity.

But we are different. If, by the grace of God, we do not consent to temptations, and avoid the fault and the sin in them, ordinarily we are nevertheless wounded a little by some importunity, trouble, or emotion that they produce in our heart.'

St. Francis de Sales

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2642 on: March 13, 2018, 08:10:28 AM »

'No more of the world, no more of the world.'

St. Camillus de Lellis

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2643 on: March 14, 2018, 12:11:57 PM »

'The reason why I am not permitted to speak of the rewards which He promises to those whom He will employ in this holy work, is that they may act without any other motive than that of His glory and for love of Him alone.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2644 on: March 15, 2018, 08:51:19 AM »

'Impel your intellect continually to prayer and you will destroy the evil thoughts that beset your heart.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2645 on: March 16, 2018, 01:47:36 AM »

'All who have not believed that Jesus Christ was really the Son of God are doomed. Also all who see the Sacrament of the Body of Christ and do not believe it is really the most holy Body and Blood of the Lord . . . these also are doomed!'

St. Francis of Assisi

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2646 on: March 17, 2018, 03:00:44 AM »

'Before communion, we ought to exercise ourselves in many acts of virtue.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2647 on: March 18, 2018, 07:30:19 AM »

O God and Lord of the Powers
by St. Basil the Great

O God and Lord of the Powers, and Maker of all creation, Who, because of Thy clemency and incomparable mercy, didst send Thine Only-Begotten Son and our Lord Jesus Christ for the salvation of mankind, and with His venerable Cross didst tear asunder the record of our sins, and thereby didst conquer the rulers and powers of darkness;

Receive from us sinful people, O merciful Master, these prayers of gratitude and supplication, and deliver us from every destructive and gloomy transgression, and from all visible and invisible enemies who seek to injure us.

Nail down our flesh with fear of Thee, and let not our hearts be inclined to words or thoughts of evil, but pierce our souls with Thy love, that ever contemplating Thee, being enlightened by Thee, and discerning Thee, the unapproachable and everlasting Light, we may unceasingly render confession and gratitude to Thee: The eternal Father, with Thine Only-Begotten Son, and with Thine All-Holy, Gracious, and Life-Giving Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2648 on: March 19, 2018, 08:29:54 AM »

'Among the things we ought to ask of God, is perseverance in well-doing and in serving the Lord; because, if we only have patience, and persevere in the good life we have begun to lead, we shall acquire a most eminent degree of spirituality.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2649 on: March 20, 2018, 02:26:20 AM »

'Charity and cheerfulness, or charity and humility, should be our motto.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2650 on: March 21, 2018, 07:55:04 PM »

'Heaven grant that I may live to accomplish the Will of my God!'

St. Joseph, his oft repeated words, revealed to St. Bridget of Sweden

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2651 on: March 23, 2018, 04:26:17 AM »

'Wonder not at this; for the hour cometh, wherein all that are in the graves shall hear the voice of the Son of God. And they that have done good things, shall come forth unto the resurrection of life; but they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment.'

John 5:28-29

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2652 on: March 25, 2018, 01:11:36 AM »

'Everything in the stable is painful: everything is painful to the sight, for one sees nothing but rugged and dark rocks; everything is painful to the hearing, for he hears only the cries of brute beasts; everything is painful to the smell, from the stench of the litter that is scattered around ; and everything is painful to the touch, for his cradle is only a narrow manger, and his bed only a handful of straw. Look on this Infant God, how lie lies bound up in swaddling-clothes, so that he cannot stir: "God endures," said St. Zeno, "to be bound in swaddling-clothes, because he had come to pay the debts of the whole world."'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2653 on: March 26, 2018, 06:07:45 AM »

'And he withdrew himself into the desert and prayed.'

Luke 5:16

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2654 on: March 29, 2018, 02:18:59 PM »

'Gratitude for graces received is a most efficacious means of obtaining new ones.'

St. Vincent de Paul

How important to remember!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2655 on: April 02, 2018, 04:11:43 AM »

'Christ died on account of our sins in accordance with the Scriptures' (1 Cor. 15:3); and to those who serve Him well He gives freedom. "Well done, good and faithful servant," He says, "you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things: enter into the joy of your Lord" (Matt. 25:21).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: