Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2018, 04:33:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 167 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 595159 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2652 on: March 25, 2018, 12:11:36 AM »

'Everything in the stable is painful: everything is painful to the sight, for one sees nothing but rugged and dark rocks; everything is painful to the hearing, for he hears only the cries of brute beasts; everything is painful to the smell, from the stench of the litter that is scattered around ; and everything is painful to the touch, for his cradle is only a narrow manger, and his bed only a handful of straw. Look on this Infant God, how lie lies bound up in swaddling-clothes, so that he cannot stir: "God endures," said St. Zeno, "to be bound in swaddling-clothes, because he had come to pay the debts of the whole world."'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2653 on: March 26, 2018, 05:07:45 AM »

'And he withdrew himself into the desert and prayed.'

Luke 5:16

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2654 on: March 29, 2018, 01:18:59 PM »

'Gratitude for graces received is a most efficacious means of obtaining new ones.'

St. Vincent de Paul

How important to remember!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2655 on: April 02, 2018, 03:11:43 AM »

'Christ died on account of our sins in accordance with the Scriptures' (1 Cor. 15:3); and to those who serve Him well He gives freedom. "Well done, good and faithful servant," He says, "you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things: enter into the joy of your Lord" (Matt. 25:21).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2656 on: April 03, 2018, 06:16:19 AM »

'Leave to every one the care of what belongs to him, and disturb not thyself with what is said or done in the world.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2657 on: April 05, 2018, 02:30:05 AM »

'It is God Himself who receives what we give in charity, and is it not an incomparable happiness to give Him what belongs to Him, and what we have received from His goodness alone?'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2658 on: April 06, 2018, 07:16:41 AM »

'Assuredly there is no one in the world who would not receive every kind of help from Heaven, if he had a truly grateful love for Jesus Christ, such as that which is shown by devotion to His Sacred Heart.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2659 on: April 07, 2018, 09:32:40 PM »

'When our Lord inspires us with some good deed, He also gives the strength to do it.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2660 on: April 08, 2018, 11:47:03 AM »

'The proper function of the soul's intelligent aspect is devotion to the knowledge of God, while that of its passible aspect is the pursuit of self-control and love.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2661 on: April 09, 2018, 10:00:29 AM »

'It is certain that the love of God does not consist in experiencing sweetness or tenderness of heart but in truly serving God in justice, strength and humility.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2662 on: April 11, 2018, 01:13:49 AM »

'If you have a heart, you can be saved.'

St. Pambo

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2663 on: April 12, 2018, 12:46:00 AM »

'The notion that you commit sin in everything you do is a wicked suggestion of the devil; it is not true.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2664 on: April 13, 2018, 12:34:07 AM »

'Our labor here is brief, but the reward is eternal. Do not be disturbed by the clamor of the world, which passes like a shadow.'

St. Clare of Assisi

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2665 on: April 14, 2018, 05:21:25 AM »

'Your most important business is the care of your soul. This is why, before leaving your room in the morning, you should spend at least a quarter of an hour in meditating on the life, the Passion, and the death of Our Lord Jesus Christ.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2666 on: April 14, 2018, 09:01:04 PM »

'In all your actions purify your intention, renew it several times a day, often repeat: All for the greater glory of God!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2667 on: April 15, 2018, 07:47:55 AM »

'Prayer is to our soul what rain is to the soil. Fertilize the soil ever so richly, it will remain barren unless fed by frequent rains.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

These last couple quotes are splendid for invigorating the spiritual life!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2668 on: April 16, 2018, 06:52:03 AM »

'May the holy name of our Lord be ever blessed; may it be eternally praised by every creature, who has been created and placed in this world only for that end, so just in itself and so lawfully imposed.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 167 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: