Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:23:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233174 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2672 on: April 24, 2018, 04:27:54 AM »

'Be humble and courageous in not giving way to despondency on account of your faults or of the slight vexations and humiliations with which you may meet.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2673 on: April 25, 2018, 03:39:31 AM »

'Your cross is indeed great! Thanks to our only Good, Who holds you on the cross! O beloved cross! O holy cross, tree of life, whence springs eternal life, I salute thee, I embrace thee, I press thee to my heart! Ah! these are the sentiments which ought to animate us in our trials. Courage, then! Courage! Under so heavy a weight human nature will waver, it is true; but the soul will taste a sweet peace in the bosom of God.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2674 on: April 28, 2018, 01:35:58 AM »

'It is most certain that the malice of our own hearts is the principal cause that hinders us from attaining to our beatitude and everlasting happiness, because it makes us slow to godly actions, dull to virtuous exercises, and suggests a greater difficulty in them than there is, which if it were not a man might walk without any molestation in the way of virtue, and at length without labor attain to his desired end.'

St. Peter of Alcantara

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2675 on: April 29, 2018, 03:50:50 AM »

'To instruct your neighbour is the same thing as reproving him.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2676 on: May 01, 2018, 04:44:58 PM »

'Our wish, our object, our chief preoccupation must be to form Jesus in ourselves, to make His spirit, His devotion, His affections, His desires, and His disposition live and reign there. All our religious exercises should be directed to this end. It is the work which God has given us to do unceasingly.'

St. Jean Eudes

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2677 on: May 02, 2018, 09:28:47 AM »

'But you see before you the mountain of Christian perfection, which is very high, and you exclaim in fearfulness that you can never ascend it. Be of good cheer, my child. When the young bees first begin to live they are mere grubs, unable to hover over flowers, or to fly to the mountains, or even to the little hills where they might gather honey; but they are fed for a time with the honey laid up by their predecessors, and by degrees the grubs put forth their wings and grow strong, until they fly abroad and gather their harvest from all the country round. Now we are yet but as grubs in devotion, unable to fly at will, and attain the desired aim of Christian perfection; but if we begin to take shape through our desires and resolutions, our wings will gradually grow, and we may hope one day to become spiritual bees, able to fly. Meanwhile let us feed upon the honey left us in the teaching of so many holy men of old, praying God that He would grant us doves' wings, so that we may not only fly during this life, but find an abiding resting-place in Eternity.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2678 on: May 03, 2018, 06:09:11 AM »

'In God's Name, the counsel of My Lord is safer and wiser than yours. You thought to deceive me, and it is yourselves who are deceived, for I bring you better succor than has ever come to any general or town whatsoever the succor of the King of Heaven. This succor does not come from me, but from God Himself, Who, at the prayers of Saint Louis and Saint Charlemagne, has had compassion on the town of Orleans, and will not suffer the enemy to hold at the same time the Duke and his town!'

St. Joan of Arc

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2679 on: May 04, 2018, 06:49:40 AM »

'He who cannot make up his mind to give up all for Christ ought at least to refer all to Him; and to consider the highest honors as infinitely inferior to that one only thing which our Lord and Saviour has declared necessary.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2680 on: May 05, 2018, 06:56:12 AM »

'One thing the adorable Heart of Jesus asks of Its friends, viz: purity of intention, humility in action and singleness of purpose.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2681 on: May 07, 2018, 12:20:19 PM »

'If our salvation depended only on ourselves, we should have much to fear; but as it is in the hands of God, we can tranquilly repose in Him.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2682 on: May 08, 2018, 07:30:32 AM »

'Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them. Children must be obedient to their parents in every way; it is a gracious sign of serving the Lord; and you, parents, must not rouse your children to resentment, or you will break their spirits.'

Colossians 3:18-21

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2683 on: May 10, 2018, 01:41:53 AM »

'It is a great virtue to accept patiently whatever comes and, as the Lord enjoins, to love a neighbor who hates you.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2684 on: May 11, 2018, 05:23:59 AM »

'Let the apostolic man not forget himself: he has not come to handle gold, but mud; he cannot, therefore, watch himself too carefully, that he may not contract the leprosy of which he seeks to cure others.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2685 on: May 12, 2018, 06:58:23 AM »

'My heart can neither love nor be attached to aught but to Him alone. All else is nothing and serves but to hinder the purity of love, and to raise a barrier between the soul and her Beloved.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2686 on: May 14, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »

'Let a man consider that God always seeth him from Heaven, that the eye of God beholdeth his works everywhere, and that the angels report them to Him every hour.'

St. Benedict

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2687 on: May 16, 2018, 12:53:29 AM »

'A precious crown is reserved in Heaven for those who perform all their actions with all the diligence of which they are capable; for it is not sufficient to do our part well, it must be done more than well.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: