Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233144 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2704 on: June 15, 2018, 01:57:14 AM »

'Jesus helps us to face every tribulation. Holy resignation to his sovereign dispositions is the central, pivotal point which balances the weight of the Cross.'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2705 on: June 17, 2018, 11:57:28 AM »

'What is it that renders death terrible? Sin. We must therefore fear sin, not death.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2706 on: June 18, 2018, 09:40:41 AM »

'The best perfection is to do ordinary things in a perfect manner. Constant fidelity in little things is a great and heroic virtue.'

St. Bonaventure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2707 on: June 20, 2018, 11:48:59 AM »

'Hold your eyes on God and leave the doing to Him. That is all the doing you have to worry about.'

St. Jane Frances de Chantal

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2708 on: June 21, 2018, 08:04:34 AM »

'I am the vine: you the branches: he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing.'

John 15:5

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2709 on: June 22, 2018, 11:54:51 AM »

'As the king would think it faithlessness of an officer, when his post was attacked not to ask him for reinforcements, he would be reputed a traitor if he did not request help from the king; so God thinks himself betrayed by the man who, when he finds himself surrounded by temptations, does not run to him for assistance.'

St. Bonaventure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2710 on: June 23, 2018, 01:00:27 AM »

'The hour is finished - we may say the same of the year; but the time to do good is not finished yet.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2711 on: June 24, 2018, 08:54:13 PM »

'We must faithfully keep what we have promised. If through human weakness we fail, we must always without delay arise again by means of holy penance, and give our attention to leading a good life and to dying a holy death. May the Father of all mercy, the Son by his holy passion, and the Holy Spirit, source of peace, sweetness and love, fill us with their consolation. Amen.'

St. Colette

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2712 on: June 25, 2018, 12:07:35 PM »

'Steadfast faith is a strong tower; and for one who has faith Christ comes to be all.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2713 on: June 27, 2018, 02:15:11 AM »

'I cannot of myself do any thing.'

John 5:30

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2714 on: June 28, 2018, 05:38:15 AM »

'You cannot please both God and the world at the same time, they are utterly opposed to each other in their thoughts, their desires, and their actions.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2715 on: June 29, 2018, 02:02:40 AM »

'God is my Creator; my Saviour; my Sanctifier. I belong to God, therefore He is absolute master of my body, my soul, and my actions. He wants me to sacrifice my will to Him at every moment and in everything. In the hands of my superiors, I should be like a dead person, or more accurate like a staff. Never mind if they make mistakes. I know that I will never be wrong if I obey with a spirit of faith.

My crown in Heaven should shine with innocence and its flowers should be radiant as the sun. Sacrifices are the flowers Jesus and Mary chose.

I must be a victim; that is to say, I should live sacrificially every day as Jesus and Mary did.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2716 on: June 30, 2018, 02:19:57 AM »

'Blessed the one who has become a good husbandman of the virtues and planted a spiritual vine, plucked the grapes and filled his presses with fruits of life in the Lord.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2717 on: July 01, 2018, 05:58:56 AM »

'We must often remember what Christ said, that not he who begins, but he that perseveres to the end, shall be saved.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2718 on: July 02, 2018, 04:09:40 AM »

'God was pleased to ransom us, to suffer ignominy to glory us, to choose poverty to enrich us, to die in the disgrace and agony of one condemned to secure for us everlasting life in the happiness of Heaven.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2719 on: July 03, 2018, 05:29:37 AM »

'After knowing the will of God in regard to a work which we undertake, we should continue courageously, however difficult it may be. We should follow it to the end with as much constancy as the obstacles we encounter are great.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Through hard times the beautiful virtue of perseverance in the Lord's work shines out! Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: