Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2018, 10:24:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 167 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 596015 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2737 on: July 30, 2018, 05:32:35 AM »

'A person must be ready to endure, when through a virtuous motive he is mortified by others, and even when God permits him to be in bad odour with others, and regarded and driven away as an infected sheep.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2738 on: August 01, 2018, 01:39:46 AM »

'In everything you say, especially when you are trying to restore peace and are giving spiritual exhortations, be on your guard and remember that everything you say may or will become public.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2739 on: August 02, 2018, 06:22:09 AM »

'Enter ye in at the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there are who go in thereat. How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life: and few there are that find it!'

Matthew 7:13-14

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2740 on: August 03, 2018, 01:40:43 AM »

'Patient self-control and long-suffering love dry up the pleasures of soul and body.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2741 on: August 04, 2018, 01:09:57 AM »

'He who is gentle in God's sight is wiser than the wise; and he who is humble in heart is stronger than the strong. For they bear the yoke of Christ with spiritual knowledge.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

A beautiful virtue!

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2742 on: August 05, 2018, 02:29:25 AM »

'The poor would receive even greater aid if the many institutions which our pious ancestors established for their relief had not been closed down or plundered in the recent recurrent public demonstrations. Let Our poor recall the teaching of Christ Himself that they should not be sad at their condition, since their very poverty makes lighter their journey to salvation, provided that they bear their need with patience and are poor not alone in possessions, but in spirit too. For He says: "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."'

Pope Pius IX

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2743 on: August 07, 2018, 07:51:09 AM »

'When I placed before Him my humble petitions regarding those things that seem difficult to obtain (concerning the devotion to the Sacred Heart), I seemed to hear these words: "Dost thou believe that I can do this? If thou dost believe thou shall behold the omnipotence of My Heart in the magnificence of My love." As I watch its steady progress I hear those other words: "Did I not indeed tell thee, that if thou couldst believe, thou shouldst see thy desires accomplished?"'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2744 on: August 08, 2018, 06:52:28 AM »

'We must visit Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament a hundred thousand times a day.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2745 on: August 11, 2018, 12:28:03 PM »

'In order to preserve holy purity it is necessary to love it much, to distrust one's self, to be cautious with all-in a word, it is necessary to fear and to fly.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2746 on: August 13, 2018, 02:36:09 PM »

'I wish neither life nor death, but only that which God wills.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2747 on: August 14, 2018, 03:17:01 AM »

'To serve the servants of my Lord is my honor and my glory.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2748 on: August 15, 2018, 09:25:05 PM »

'When, a house takes fire, the furniture is thrown out of the windows; and when a soul burns with divine love, she, without the aid of sermons, or spiritual reading, or the exhortations of directors, divests herself of all affection for creatures, to possess and to love her only Supreme Good the God of Majesty and Sovereign of the universe.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2749 on: August 17, 2018, 01:30:45 AM »

'It is a great achievement not to be attracted by things. But it is a far greater achievement to remain dispassionate in the face both of things and of the conceptual images we derive from them.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2750 on: August 18, 2018, 06:11:44 AM »

'There is nothing which is more profitable and more consoling to the mind than to frequently remember the Blessed Virgin.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2751 on: August 19, 2018, 04:50:20 PM »

'Jesus Christ at His birth: I contemplate Him there with Mary and Joseph. What conditions, though! Lying in a manger where animals feed! Humiliation, privation, suffering.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2752 on: August 20, 2018, 09:19:32 PM »

'Blessed the one who considers those who sleep in their coffins in graves and has rejected every foul smelling desire, for he will rise in glory when the heavenly trumpet sounds, rousing all the children of humankind from sleep.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2753 on: August 21, 2018, 03:42:39 PM »

'Nothing but self-will can separate us from God.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 167 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: