Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2018, 06:32:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 581618 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2805 on: November 06, 2018, 12:49:59 AM »

'When we have handled something fragrant, our hands perfume whatever they touch, let our prayers pass through the Blessed Virgin's hands, and she will give them fragrance.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2806 on: November 08, 2018, 12:24:42 AM »

'For all flesh is as grass; and all the glory thereof as the flower of grass. The grass is withered, and the flower thereof is fallen away. But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel hath been preached unto you.'

1 Peter 1:24-25

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2807 on: November 09, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »

'The intellect energized by divine love cultivates good thoughts about God; but when impelled by self-love it produces diabolic thoughts.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2808 on: November 10, 2018, 01:54:32 AM »

'In the face of the never-ceasing snares of the enemy, it is necessary to have each day a fixed hour for review, to enter into one's self and consider carefully, in presence of God, all one's thoughts, words, and actions.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2809 on: November 11, 2018, 02:45:43 AM »

'Then I read the Gospel, and saw there that a great means of reaching perfection was the selling of one's goods, the sharing of them with the poor, the giving up of all care for this life, and the refusal to allow the soul to be turned by any sympathy towards things of earth.'

St. Basil the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2810 on: November 12, 2018, 05:35:14 AM »

'Do not shun poverty and afflictions, these wings of buoyant prayer.'

St. Nilus of Sinai

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2811 on: November 14, 2018, 02:22:25 AM »

'O Immaculate Mary! O glorious Saint Joseph! And you, Saint John, beloved disciple of the Divine Heart, teach me the great science of love! May it draw me powerfully! May I soar at last, may I take flight and hasten to lose myself, unite myself and disappear with you in the adorable heart of Jesus, and Jesus Crucified, the divine heart of Charity, purity, self-denial and perfect submission.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2812 on: November 15, 2018, 01:17:46 AM »

'So submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil: and the devil will fly from you. Draw nigh to God: and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you of two minds. Begin to lament, to mourn, to weep. . . Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will exalt you.'

James 4:7-9,10

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2813 on: November 16, 2018, 02:48:09 AM »

'Your prayer ought to be continual. The place wherein we ought to pray is the spirit of God.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2814 on: November 17, 2018, 04:00:44 AM »

'Obedience to a commandment purifies the soul, and purification of the soul leads to its participation in light.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2815 on: November 18, 2018, 03:05:23 AM »

'By virtuous actions break with your sins, break with your crimes by showing mercy to the poor, and so perhaps live long and peacefully.'

Daniel 4:24

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2816 on: November 19, 2018, 03:43:02 AM »

'. . . most men turn their backs upon crosses, and fly before them. They more they run, the more the cross pursues them, the more it strikes and crushes them with burdens. . . If you were wise, you would go to meet it like St. Andrew, who said, when he saw the cross prepared for him and raised up into the air, "Hail, O good cross! O admirable cross! O desirable cross! receive me into thy arms, withdraw me from among men, and restore me to my Master, who redeemed me through thee."'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2817 on: Yesterday at 03:32:37 AM »

'If you wish to regain the good graces of Our Lord Jesus Christ, you must no longer commit any voluntary fault, otherwise, you will seek for them in vain.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: