Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2018, 03:54:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 595139 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2822 on: November 27, 2018, 05:29:22 PM »

'Look not to the qualities thou mayest possess, which are wanting to others; but look to those which others possess and which are wanting to thee, that thou mayest acquire them.'

Ven. Louis de Granada

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2823 on: November 28, 2018, 09:20:27 AM »

'A virtuous soul cultivates good thoughts; a soul full of evil breeds thoughts of depravity.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2824 on: November 29, 2018, 05:30:53 PM »

'The air that we breathe, the bread that we eat, the heart which throbs in our bosoms, are not more necessary for man that he may live as a human being, than is prayer for the Christian that he may live as a Christian.'

St. Jean Eudes

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2825 on: December 01, 2018, 10:39:43 PM »

'Blessed the one who loves repentance that saves sinners and has not thought of doing ill, like someone ungrateful before God our Saviour.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2826 on: December 02, 2018, 12:03:10 AM »

'Do not stop praying as long as, by God's grace, the fire and the water [i.e. fervor and tears] have not been exhausted, for it may happen that never again in your whole life will you have such a chance to ask for the forgiveness for your sins.'

St. John Climacus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2827 on: December 06, 2018, 02:20:57 AM »

'As sailors are guided by star to the port, so are Christians guided to Heaven by Mary.'

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2828 on: December 07, 2018, 12:52:14 AM »

'As the king would think it faithlessness of an officer, when his post was attacked not to ask him for reinforcements, he would be reputed a traitor if he did not request help from the king; so God thinks himself betrayed by the man who, when he finds himself surrounded by temptations, does not run to him for assistance.'

St. Bonaventure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2829 on: December 08, 2018, 01:46:04 AM »

'Dear little friends, this beautiful rosebud is for you; it is one of the beads of your Rosary, and it may seem to you to be such a tiny thing. But if you only knew how precious this bead is! This wonderful bud will open out into a gorgeous rose if you say your Hail Mary really well. . . This Rosary will be your little wreath of roses, your crown for Jesus and Mary.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2830 on: Yesterday at 05:00:05 AM »

'Whatever a man loves he inevitably clings to, and in order not to lose it he rejects everything that keeps him from it. So he who loves God cultivates pure prayer, driving out every passion that keeps him from it.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2831 on: Today at 02:38:41 AM »

'One must wage war against his predominant passion, and not retreat, until, with God's help, he has been victorious.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: