Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:41:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233147 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2832 on: December 11, 2018, 09:13:28 AM »

'The moment has come when you should more than ever die to all that is not God, that you may the more lovingly commune with Him alone. Let your life be as hidden as possible. Lock yourself up in the great sanctuary of the divine Heart, for there the soul is nourished by her divine Spouse with that wine which strengthens, vivifies, inflames the soul, and causes her to take flight to the contemplation of the supreme Monarch; it is in that sanctuary that the soul learns the science of the saints, which is taught only to the humble.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2833 on: December 12, 2018, 06:45:49 AM »

'Love the greatest sinners; love them for the little faith they still have, or if they have none, love them for their past virtues;'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2834 on: December 14, 2018, 03:06:34 AM »

'He who wishes for anything but Christ, does not know what he wishes; he who asks for anything but Christ, does not know what he is asking; he who works, and not for Christ, does not know what he is doing.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2835 on: December 15, 2018, 11:18:52 AM »

'If you love true knowledge, devote yourself to the ascetic life; for mere theoretical knowledge puffs a man up (cf. 1 Cor. 8:1).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2836 on: December 16, 2018, 05:57:39 AM »

'If you want to be certain of being in the number of the Elect, strive to be one of the few, not one of the many. And if you would be quite sure of your salvation, strive to be among the fewest of the few; that is to say: do not follow the great majority of mankind, but follow those who enter upon the narrow way, who renounce the world, who give themselves to prayer, and who never relax their efforts by day or night, so that they may attain everlasting blessedness.'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2837 on: December 17, 2018, 05:19:21 AM »

'We offend God, because we do not know His greatness.'

St. Benedict Joseph Labre

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2838 on: December 18, 2018, 02:09:59 AM »

'On awaking, keep your heart under control, by the remembrance of God, your Love, your only Good. When God inspires you with a sentiment of love, stop and taste it, as the bee sips the honey. . . Ah! when I reflect that my soul is the temple of God, that God dwells in me, how my heart rejoices! All affliction appears to me sweet and light! What a fruitful source of meditation!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2839 on: December 19, 2018, 03:10:57 AM »

'The Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ gives you these holy aspirations through the ardent love He bears you, which makes Him desire to possess your heart whole and entire.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2840 on: December 21, 2018, 06:37:36 AM »

'After knowing the will of God in regard to a work which we undertake, we should continue courageously, however difficult it may be. We should follow it to the end with as much constancy as the obstacles we encounter are great.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2841 on: December 23, 2018, 04:57:29 PM »

'Purity is a supernatural denial of nature, which means that a mortal and corruptible body is rivalling the celestial spirits in a truly marvellous way.'

St. John Climacus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2842 on: December 24, 2018, 09:39:21 PM »

'And the angel said to them: Fear not; for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, that shall be to all the people: For, this day, is born to you a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord, in the city of David. And this shall be a sign unto you. You shall find the infant wrapped in swaddling clothes, and laid in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly army, praising God, and saying: Glory to God in the highest; and on earth peace to men of good will.'

Luke 2:10-14

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2843 on: December 26, 2018, 07:13:57 AM »

'Oh, blessed is he that converses with Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, in this holy solitude of the manger.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2844 on: December 27, 2018, 07:50:58 AM »

'When the afflictions of this life overcome us, let us encourage ourselves to bear them patiently by the hope of heaven.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2845 on: December 30, 2018, 04:07:59 AM »

'From humility of heart proceed serenity of mind, gentleness of conduct, interior peace, and every good.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2846 on: January 02, 2019, 01:39:10 AM »

'The person who listens to Christ fills himself with light; and if he imitates Christ, he reclaims himself.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2847 on: January 03, 2019, 04:59:59 AM »

'There were two precepts of the ancient law concerning the birth of first-born sons. One was, that the mother should remain as an unclean person, retired in her house, for forty days; after which she should go to purify her self in the temple. The other was, that the parents of the first-born should take him to the temple, and there offer him to God. On this day the most holy Virgin desired to obey both precepts. Although Mary was not bound by the law of purification, since she was always a virgin, and always pure; yet, by her love of humility and obedience, she wished to go, like other mothers, to be purified. At the same time she obeyed the second precept, to present and offer her Son to the eternal Father.'

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: