Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 25, 2019, 09:01:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 181 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 703900 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2856 on: January 15, 2019, 06:26:43 AM »

'Those who will not taste how sweet is the Lord, and who love darkness rather than light, being unwilling to fulfill the law of God, are cursed; for the prophet, speaking of them, says: "Cursed are they that decline from Thy commandments." But, on the contrary, how blessed and happy are they who adore Him (as they ought) in spirit and in truth. Let us praise and beseech Him day and night, saying: "Our Father, Who art in heaven," etc., for we ought always to pray, and not to faint.'

St. Francis of Assisi

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2857 on: January 16, 2019, 04:08:28 AM »

'Virtues are formed by prayer. Prayer preserves temperance. Prayer suppresses anger. Prayer prevents emotions of pride and envy. Prayer draws into the soul the Holy Spirit, and raises man to Heaven.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2858 on: January 18, 2019, 09:02:35 PM »

'Preserve the harmony of the soul's virtues, and it will bring forth the fruit of righteousness.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2859 on: January 19, 2019, 07:04:51 AM »

'Blessed the one who honours the Saints and loves his neighbour and has banished envy from his own soul; envy through which Cain became his brothers' murderer.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2860 on: January 21, 2019, 01:08:58 AM »

'As the flesh is nourished by food, so is man supported by prayers.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2861 on: January 22, 2019, 12:06:47 AM »

'When the soul lies resignedly in the hands of God, and is contented with the divine pleasure, it is in good hands, and has the best security that good will happen to it.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2862 on: January 25, 2019, 01:38:43 AM »

'Let us serve God; He will certainly take care of us and we shall want for nothing.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2863 on: January 25, 2019, 07:53:32 PM »

'You will note that the Lord establishes as the prime good contemplation, that is the gaze turned in the direction of the things of God. Hence we say that the other virtues, however useful and good we may say they are, must nevertheless be put on a secondary level, since they are all practiced for the sake of this one. "You are full of worry and are upset over many things when actually it should be over a few or even one." In saying this the Lord locates the primary good not in activity, however praiseworthy, however abundantly fruitful, but in the truly simple and unified contemplation of Himself.'

St. John Cassian

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2864 on: January 26, 2019, 02:25:51 AM »

'We should not spare expense, fatigue, nor even our life, when there is a question of accomplishing the holy will of God.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2865 on: January 27, 2019, 12:35:42 AM »

'Holy knowledge is the light of the soul; bereft of it, "the fool walks in darkness" (Eccles. 2:14).'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2866 on: January 28, 2019, 05:30:17 AM »

'When through dryness or distraction of mind, you feel unable to form any good thought at mental prayer, offer to the Eternal Father the prayer the Sacred Heart makes for you in the Blessed Sacrament, thus to supply for your insufficiency.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2867 on: January 29, 2019, 12:59:18 AM »

'O my Mother, to you I sacrifice all other attachments so that my heart may belong entirely to you and to my Jesus.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2868 on: January 30, 2019, 06:31:04 AM »

'In God's Name! The soldiers will fight, and God will give the victory.'

St. Joan of Arc

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2869 on: January 31, 2019, 05:21:57 AM »

'God is my Creator; my Saviour; my Sanctifier. I belong to God, therefore He is absolute master of my body, my soul, and my actions. He wants me to sacrifice my will to Him at every moment and in everything. In the hands of my superiors, I should be like a dead person, or more accurate like a staff. Never mind if they make mistakes. I know that I will never be wrong if I obey with a spirit of faith.

My crown in Heaven should shine with innocence and its flowers should be radiant as the sun. Sacrifices are the flowers Jesus and Mary chose.

I must be a victim; that is to say, I should live sacrificially every day as Jesus and Mary did.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2870 on: February 05, 2019, 01:40:54 PM »

'May your actions never be unworthy of your words, may it not happen that, when you preach in church, someone might say to himself: "Why does he therefore not act like this?'. How could a teacher, on a full stomach, discuss fasting; even a thief can blame avarice; but in the priest of Christ the mind and words must harmonize.'

St. Jerome

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2871 on: February 06, 2019, 01:44:58 AM »

'Arise, O Lord, into thy resting place: thou and the ark, which thou hast sanctified.'

Psalm 131:8

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2872 on: February 07, 2019, 03:32:17 AM »

'Charity and cheerfulness, or charity and humility, should be our motto.'

St. Philip Neri

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 181 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: