Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 06, 2019, 07:06:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 187 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 732931 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2873 on: February 08, 2019, 06:50:56 PM »

'If you have a heart, you can be saved.'

St. Pambo

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2874 on: February 09, 2019, 04:59:39 AM »

'Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

This blessedness, dearly beloved, does not derive from any casual agreement or from any and every kind of harmony, but it pertains to what the Apostle says: Be at peace before the Lord, and to the words of the prophet: Those who love your law shall enjoy abundant peace; for them it is no stumbling block. Even the most intimate bonds of friendship and the closest affinity of minds cannot truly lay claim to this peace if they are not in agreement with the will of God.

Alliances based on evil desires, covenants of crime and pacts of vice - all lie outside the scope of this peace. Love of the world cannot be reconciled with love of God, and the man who does not separate himself from the children of this generation cannot join the company of the sons of God. But those who keep God ever in their hearts, and are anxious to preserve the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace, never dissent from the eternal law as they speak the prayer of faith. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.'

Pope St. Leo the Great

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2875 on: February 11, 2019, 12:48:17 PM »

'It is no time to speak to creatures when we are before the Eucharistic throne where dwells the Lord of lords, the Master of the world.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2876 on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:36 PM »

'Nothing seems tiresome or painful when you are working for a Master who pays well; who rewards even a cup of cold water given for love of Him.'

St. Dominic Savio

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2877 on: February 12, 2019, 12:37:38 AM »

'Mary, my mother, have pity on me.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2878 on: February 13, 2019, 12:12:28 AM »

'To conquer himself is the grandest victory that man can gain.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2879 on: February 14, 2019, 12:22:22 AM »

'If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; as I also have kept my Father's commandments, and do abide in his love.'

John 15:10

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2880 on: February 15, 2019, 12:21:17 AM »

'Guard yourself from that mother of vices, self-love, which is mindless love for the body. For it gives birth with specious justification to the three first and most general of the impassioned thoughts. I mean those of gluttony, avarice and self-esteem, which take as their pretext some so-called need of the body. All further vices are generated by these three. You must therefore be on your guard, as we have already said, and fight against self-love with great vigilance. For when this vice is eradicated, all the others are eradicated too.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2881 on: February 16, 2019, 01:24:26 AM »

'It seems to me we have nothing to fear when we look to God only and seek His glory alone, since He takes into account the goodwill alone of a heart that loves Him.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2882 on: February 18, 2019, 01:29:45 AM »

'He who has tasted the things for which he hopes will spurn the things of this world: all his longing will be spent on what he hopes for.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2883 on: February 19, 2019, 03:18:59 AM »

'Whosoever revolteth, and continueth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that continueth in the doctrine, the same hath both Father and the Son. If any man come to you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into the house, nor say to him, "God speed you." For he that saith unto him, "God speed you," communicateth with his wicked works!'

2 John 9-11

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2884 on: February 20, 2019, 04:39:03 AM »

'When during prayer no conceptual image of anything worldly disturbs your intellect, then know that you are within the realm of dispassion.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2885 on: February 21, 2019, 08:34:30 AM »

'Our Lord Jesus has given light to all men, but those who do not trust in Him bring darkness upon themselves.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2886 on: February 23, 2019, 04:43:25 AM »

'The Sacred Heart of Jesus is a burning furnace in which our hearts, so cowardly and cold, so faulty and imperfect, are tried and purified as gold in the crucible, in order that they be offered to Him as living victims, wholly immolated and sacrificed to His adorable designs.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2887 on: February 24, 2019, 03:39:27 AM »

'"A patient man abounds in understanding" (Prov. 14: 29); and so does he who listens to words of wisdom.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2888 on: February 26, 2019, 03:10:28 PM »

'You must expect then to be shaped, cut and chiseled under the hammer of the Cross, otherwise you would remain unpolished stone, of no value at all, to be disregarded and cast aside. Do not cause the hammer to recoil when it strikes you. Yield to the chisel that is carving you and the hand that is shaping you.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2889 on: February 28, 2019, 12:18:33 AM »

'If everything that exists was made by God and for God, and God is superior to the things made by Him, he who abandons what is superior and devotes himself to what is inferior shows that he values things made by God more than God Himself.'

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 187 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: