Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2019, 06:02:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 182 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 706699 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2890 on: March 02, 2019, 04:11:47 AM »

'In spiritual life, when you cease to climb, you begin to descend.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2891 on: March 03, 2019, 06:14:01 AM »

'Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity.'

St. Augustine

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2892 on: March 04, 2019, 04:17:13 PM »

'Once you recognize that the Lord's judgments "are in all the earth" (1 Chr. 16:14), then everything that happens to you will teach you knowledge of God.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2893 on: March 05, 2019, 06:05:07 AM »

'When God speaks to souls by lights or impressions, in an angelic manner, without articulated words, His communications are sublime, being purely intellectual. In this case God speaks with great majesty, and His word produces wonderful effects.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2894 on: March 05, 2019, 09:23:17 PM »

'Even the holiest desires, whether they refer to the salvation of souls or the needs of the Church, which are very great, should be consumed in the fire of the love of God, whence they proceed, and await God's time for their fulfilment. Meanwhile cultivate one only desire, the most perfect of all; that is, to please God more and more, and to nourish yourself with His will.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2895 on: March 06, 2019, 10:03:03 AM »

'The greatest pain which the holy souls suffer in Purgatory proceeds from their desire to possess God. This suffering especially afflicts those who in life had but a feeble desire of heaven.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2896 on: March 07, 2019, 09:14:18 AM »

'We should be cordial and affable with the poor, and with persons in humble circumstances. We should not treat them in a supercilious manner. Haughtiness makes them revolt. On the contrary, when we are affable with them, they become more docile and derive more benefit from the advice they receive.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2897 on: March 08, 2019, 12:15:33 PM »

'Having once made an entire donation of ourselves, let us not retract it: our Lord will employ every means to sanctify us, in proportion as we make use of every opportunity to glorify Him.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2898 on: March 10, 2019, 12:01:36 PM »

'The love which our Blessed Lady had for God was so great, that she suffered keenly through her desire of union with Him; hence the Eternal Father, to console her, sent her His only and beloved Son.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2899 on: March 10, 2019, 11:56:10 PM »

'The value of a thing is only its worth before God.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2900 on: March 13, 2019, 12:01:02 AM »

'When you have not the means of helping your neighbor, recommend him fervently to God, Whose sovereign dominion holds all creatures in His hand. Counsels gently given heal every wound, but given with asperity only serve to aggravate it tenfold.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2901 on: March 14, 2019, 01:17:36 AM »

'It is good to help enquirers with words; but it is better to co-operate with them through prayer and the practice of virtue. For he who through these offers himself to God, helps his neighbor through helping himself.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2902 on: March 16, 2019, 12:36:58 AM »

'To consume ourselves for Him is little.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2903 on: March 17, 2019, 01:38:14 AM »

'What dost thou fear, since I have answered for thee and made Myself thy surety?'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2904 on: March 18, 2019, 03:52:50 AM »

'The poor should not eat dainties.'

St. Benedict Joseph Labre

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2905 on: March 19, 2019, 06:45:19 AM »

'When it is possible to avoid the delectation arising out of temptation, it is always a sin to accept it, in proportion to the pleasure we take, and the amount of consent given, whether that be great or small, brief or lasting. . .

Therefore, when you are tempted to any sin, examine whether you voluntarily exposed yourself to the temptation, and if you find that you have done so by putting yourself into its way, or by not foreseeing the temptation, as you ought to have done, then it is sin; but if you have done nothing to bring about the temptation, it is not in anywise to be imputed to you as sin.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2906 on: March 20, 2019, 12:14:27 AM »

'If you lay down rules for yourself, do not disobey yourself; for he who cheats himself is self-deluded.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 182 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: