Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 12:11:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 182 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 706289 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2907 on: March 21, 2019, 06:31:08 AM »

'They say to him: Lord, come and see. And Jesus wept.'

John 11:34-35

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2908 on: March 22, 2019, 12:57:59 AM »

'Do not neglect the practice of the virtues and your intellect will be illumined; for it is written, "I will open for you invisible secret treasures" (Isa. 45:3. LXX).'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2909 on: March 22, 2019, 01:09:43 PM »

'If you desire God to work wonders in your soul, you ought to keep yourself as much as is possible detached from all created things, in true poverty of spirit, and in perfect interior solitude. O sacred desert in which the soul learns the science of the saints, like Moses in the solitude of Mount Horeb!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2910 on: March 23, 2019, 05:26:25 AM »

'When I am troubled I sing softly some hymn to the Holy Virgin; this does me good and gives me courage.'

St. Jean-Theophane Venard

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2911 on: March 24, 2019, 04:38:43 AM »

'When an archer desires to shoot his arrows successfully, he first takes great pains over his posture and aligns himself accurately with his mark. It should be the same for you who are about to shoot the head of the wicked devil. Let us be concerned first for the good order of sensations and then for the good posture of inner thoughts.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2912 on: March 25, 2019, 12:24:18 AM »

'It is as a general rule a bad sign when a man has not a particular feeling of devotion on the chief feasts of the year.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2913 on: March 25, 2019, 07:02:30 AM »

'By the Angelic Salutation God became man, a virgin became the Mother of God, the souls of the just were delivered from Limbo, the empty thrones in heaven have been filled, sin has been pardoned, grace been given to us, the sick been made well, the dead brought back to life, exiles brought home, the Blessed Trinity has been appeased, and men obtained eternal life.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2914 on: March 26, 2019, 05:23:00 AM »

'The more numerous the gifts we have received from God, the greater the account we must render to Him.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2915 on: March 28, 2019, 05:35:32 PM »

'He who has succeeded in attaining the virtues and is enriched with spiritual knowledge sees things clearly in their true nature. Consequently, he both acts and speaks with regard to all things in a manner which is fitting, and he is never deluded. For according to whether we use things rightly or wrongly we become either good or bad.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2916 on: March 29, 2019, 04:06:59 PM »

'If we no longer fulfill the desires of the flesh, then with the Lord's help the evils within us will easily be eliminated.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2917 on: March 31, 2019, 05:51:50 AM »

'Act justly: keep what is your own - namely, your misery and frailty, capable of leading you to the commission of every crime; and leave to God that which belongs to Him, that is, every good.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2918 on: March 31, 2019, 09:24:43 PM »

'A man without prayer is an animal without the use of reason.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2919 on: April 01, 2019, 05:55:34 AM »

'In proportion as the love of God increases in our soul, so does also the love of suffering.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2920 on: April 02, 2019, 03:42:12 PM »

'"Shun evil and do good" (Ps. 34:14), that is to say, fight the enemy in order to diminish the passions, and then be vigilant lest they increase once more. Again, fight to acquire the virtues and then be vigilant in order to keep them. This is the meaning of "cultivating" and 'keeping" (cf. Gen. 2:15).'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2921 on: April 03, 2019, 07:50:50 AM »

'My divine spouse has made me desire a humble and hidden life. Jesus has often told me that I will not die until I have sacrificed all to Him. And to convince me, He has often told me that when it is over, at the hour of death, He alone, Jesus crucified, will console me. I will carry only Him, my faithful friend, with me to my grave. It is madness to attach myself to anything other than Him.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2922 on: April 04, 2019, 01:51:23 AM »

'They are the flower of the Church's growth; the grace of the spirit finds in them its beauty and delicacy; they are our pride and bloom; in them praise and honor have their perfect and incorrupt work; they are God's image reflecting the Lord's sanctity; the more illustrious portion of Christ's flock. In them exults, in them beauteously flowers the glorious fecundity of our mother the Church, and the more virginity adds to its number the more that mother's joy increases.'

St. Cyprian of Carthage

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2923 on: April 04, 2019, 08:24:00 AM »

'If you wish to acquire the gift of prayer, you must humbly persevere in mortifying your senses. . . I especially advise you to be very faithful to holy recollection, mortifying your eyes, your tongue and your ears, but cutting off all vain curiosity, which is often the cause of the distractions which beset you in your [spiritual] exercises.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 182 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: