Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2019, 12:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 184 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 715486 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2924 on: April 05, 2019, 12:01:35 AM »

'You must flee from sensual things. Truly every time a man comes close to a struggle with sensuality, he is like a man standing at the edge of a deep lake, and the Enemy throws him in whenever he likes. But if the man lives far from sensual things, he is like one who stands at a distance from the lake, so that even if the Enemy entices him in order to throw him to the bottom, God sends him help at the very moment that the Enemy is drawing him away and doing him violence.'

St. Poemen

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2925 on: April 05, 2019, 12:04:17 AM »

'Are you making no progress in prayer? Then you need only offer God the prayers which the Savior has poured out for us in the sacrament of the altar. Offer God his fervent love in reparation for your sluggishness. In the course of every activity pray as follows: "My God, I do this or I endure that in the heart of your Son and according to his holy counsels. I offer it to you in reparation for anything blameworthy or imperfect in my actions." Continue to do this in every circumstance of life.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2926 on: April 06, 2019, 02:00:21 AM »

'Would that I could exhaust myself in acts of thanksgiving and gratitude towards this Divine Heart, for the great favor He shows us, in deigning to accept our help to make Him known, loved and honored; He reserves infinite blessings for all those who devote themselves to this work.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2927 on: April 07, 2019, 01:49:29 AM »

'My children, the saints were so completely dead to themselves, that they cared very little whether others agreed with them. People in the world say, "Oh, the saints were simpletons!" Yes, they were simpletons in worldly things; but in the things of God they were very wise. They understood nothing about worldly matters, to be sure, because they thought them of so little importance that they paid no attention to them.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2928 on: April 08, 2019, 01:45:28 AM »

'Every affliction tests our will, showing whether it is inclined to good or evil. This is why an unforeseen affliction is called a test, because it enables a man to test his hidden desires.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2929 on: April 09, 2019, 12:08:01 AM »

'A man who has been assiduous in acquiring the fruits of love will not cease loving even if he suffers a thousand calamities. Let Stephen, the disciple of Christ, and others like him persuade you of the truth of this (cf. Acts 7:60). Our Lord Himself prayed for His murderers and asked the Father to forgive them because they did not know what they were doing (cf. Luke 23:34).'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2930 on: April 11, 2019, 02:25:44 AM »

'To-day God invites you to do good; do it therefore to-day. To-morrow you may not have time, or God may no longer call you to do it.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2931 on: April 12, 2019, 02:56:41 AM »

'Far from consoling me, the things of this world only inspire me with pain and disgust.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2932 on: April 13, 2019, 07:15:41 AM »

'In this world we are all in a valley of tears. Our consolation is not here; we shall have it eternally in Paradise, if we suffer tribulations on earth.'

St. Benedict Joseph Labre

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2933 on: April 14, 2019, 04:36:32 AM »

'He who suffers wrong and does not demand any reparation from the man who wronged him, trusts in Christ to make good the loss; and he is rewarded a hundredfold in this world and inherits eternal life (cf. Mark 10:30).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2934 on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:48 AM »

'Spiritual dryness should not deject us nor consolation make us proud; in the first case we must remember the favors we have already received; and in the second not forget that it is a favor from God, which we have not merited.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2935 on: April 16, 2019, 07:42:52 AM »

'God gives to each one of us sufficient grace ever to know His holy will, and to do it fully.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2936 on: April 17, 2019, 07:51:38 AM »

'The life of Christ was but a continuous cross.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2937 on: April 18, 2019, 01:00:41 AM »

'Sometimes, in prayer, God communicates to the soul, all at once, His treasures of lights and heavenly graces. Imagine that you have in your hand a golden dish, that you pour into it the extract of the rarest and most exquisite perfumes, and that you steep into it a fine cambric handkerchief; this handkerchief will yield a delicious and inexplicable odor, composed of all the perfumes. It is thus my soul feels when I receive those intimate and hidden communications.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2938 on: April 19, 2019, 04:21:33 AM »

'Some without fulfilling the commandments think that they possess true faith. Others fulfill the commandments and then expect the kingdom as a reward due to them. Both are mistaken.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2939 on: April 19, 2019, 04:23:20 AM »

'The life of Christ was but a continuous cross.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2940 on: April 20, 2019, 06:50:59 AM »

'Nature and grace cannot subsist together in the same heart. The one must always make room for the other.'

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 184 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: