Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2019, 07:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 675504 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2958 on: May 07, 2019, 08:09:46 AM »

'My soul, rejoice that you resemble Jesus a little in that you are hidden behind lowliness!'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2959 on: May 08, 2019, 01:28:12 AM »

'The Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ gives you these holy aspirations through the ardent love He bears you, which makes Him desire to possess your heart whole and entire.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2960 on: May 08, 2019, 11:09:09 AM »

'A self-indulgent heart becomes a prison and chain for the soul when it leaves this life; whereas an assiduous heart is an open door.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2961 on: May 09, 2019, 02:29:40 PM »

'If you are submerged in the waters of infidelity and inconstancy, plunge yourself into the fathomless deep of the Sacred Heart. Its stability and steadfastness will teach you to be faithful to Him -- our true and faithful Friend --and constant in His service, as He has ever been in His love for us.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2962 on: May 10, 2019, 06:12:24 AM »

'Consider every day that you are then for the first time beginning; and always act with the same fervor as on the first day you began.'

St. Anthony of Padua

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2963 on: May 11, 2019, 03:15:31 PM »

'May you no longer have any liberty except to love Him. May no other light illumine your soul, no other aim absorb your heart than that of His pure love which keeps Him a prisoner in the Blessed Sacrament. You will ask Him, through the merits of this captivity, to set free His poor prisoners in Purgatory.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2964 on: May 12, 2019, 06:47:36 AM »

'Act towards our Lord with entire confidence and simplicity: do not spend time by dwelling too often on your past faults: this only serves to satisfy self-love and to discourage us.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2965 on: May 13, 2019, 01:53:51 AM »

'The hermits of old, those great servants of God, communicated rarely; but because they prepared themselves carefully they received such special graces that, in a short time, they arrived at perfection.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2966 on: May 14, 2019, 05:00:02 PM »

'Keep your soul always in peace, with love and trust in our Lord, and -- I repeat -- remember what you have promised Him, that is to say, undivided love, persevering humility and generous mortification. This is what you owe to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2967 on: May 15, 2019, 04:23:16 AM »

'We must become detached from self gratification, our own opinions and sentiments, that we may escape the dangers of a spiritual curiosity, and practise true poverty of spirit.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2968 on: May 16, 2019, 12:19:16 PM »

'Jesus gives all to those who surrender all.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2969 on: May 17, 2019, 04:40:46 AM »

'As for me, I am cheerful, tranquil and content, only because I am doing the will of God. I proclaim that I want to live and die with total abandonment to him. Is it not a great thing for a soul to know with certainty that one is fulfilling the divine will?'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2970 on: May 18, 2019, 12:24:54 PM »

'Let every occasion for presumption be avoided in the monastery. We decree that no one be permitted to excommunicate or to strike any one of his brethren, unless the Abbot hath given him the authority. But let those who transgress be taken to task in the presence of all, that the others may fear (cf. 1 Tm 5:20).'

St. Benedict

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2971 on: Yesterday at 12:26:41 AM »

'An intellect in control of itself is the temple of the Holy Spirit, but that of a glutton is like a nest of crows.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2972 on: Today at 03:17:31 AM »

'Finally, the happiness of the person whose will is entirely submitted to God's is constant, unchangeable and endless. No fear comes to disturb it for no accident can destroy it. He is like a man seated on a rock in the middle of the ocean who looks on the fury of the waves without dismay and can amuse himself watching and counting them as they roar and break at his feet. Whether the sea is calm or rough, whichever way the waves are carried by the wind is a matter of indifference to him, for the place where he is is firm and unshakeable.

That is the reason for the peaceful and untroubled expression we find on the faces of those who have dedicated themselves to God.'

St. Claude de la Colombiere

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: