Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2019, 02:50:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 686301 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2975 on: May 23, 2019, 02:36:40 AM »

'Even though knowledge is true, it is still not firmly established if unaccompanied by works. For everything is established by being put into practice.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2976 on: May 24, 2019, 02:01:07 AM »

'A word suffices, sometimes, to dispose us to mental prayer. "Our Father, Who art in heaven" - pronounce those words, and then let the heart act.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2977 on: May 25, 2019, 01:35:07 AM »

'Let your "Yes" mean "Yes," and your "No" mean "No." Anything more is from the evil one.'

Matthew 5:37

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2978 on: May 26, 2019, 04:21:36 AM »

'The thought of the presence of God renders us familiar with the practice of doing in all things His holy will.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2979 on: May 27, 2019, 04:39:36 AM »

'To continue my spiritual prescription: grind all your sufferings in the mill of patience and silence; knead them with the balm of Our Saviour's Passion into a little pill; swallow it with faith and love, and let the heat of charity digest it.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2980 on: May 29, 2019, 05:44:24 AM »

'God refuses no one the gift of prayer. By it we obtain the help that we need to overcome disorderly desires and temptations of all kinds.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2981 on: May 31, 2019, 01:44:40 AM »

'Act justly: keep what is your own - namely, your misery and frailty, capable of leading you to the commission of every crime; and leave to God that which belongs to Him, that is, every good.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2982 on: June 02, 2019, 04:58:32 AM »

'What we know of the virtues of the saints is the least part of them.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2983 on: June 03, 2019, 03:41:00 AM »

'What is done in accordance with God's will is the best of all things even if it seems to be bad. What is done contrary to God's will and decree is the worst and most unlawful of all things-even if men judge that it is very good. Suppose someone slays another in accordance with God's will. This slaying is better than any loving-kindness. Let someone spare another and show him great love and kindness against God's decree. To spare the other's life would be more unholy than any slaying. For it is God's will and not the nature of things that makes the same actions good or bad.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2984 on: June 04, 2019, 04:59:12 AM »

'Listen to the words of those who have been granted perfect love: "What can separate us from the love of Christ? Can affliction, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword? 'As it is written, For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long; we are regarded as sheep for slaughtering' (Ps. 44:22). But in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Rom. 8:35-39). Those who speak and act thus with regard to divine love are all saints.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2985 on: June 04, 2019, 09:14:53 AM »

'I am capable of opening up hell for all to see its punishments. However, that would not be just, since people would then serve me out of fear, when they should be serving me out of love.

For only a person who loves shall enter the kingdom of heaven.'

The Lord, to St. Bridget of Sweden

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2986 on: June 05, 2019, 02:45:50 AM »

'If any man love not Our Lord Jesus Christ, let him be anathama maranatha.'

1 Corinthians 16:22

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2987 on: June 06, 2019, 03:32:47 AM »

'We should always look to God as in ourselves, no matter in what manner we meditate upon Him, so as to accustom ourselves to dwell in His divine presence. For when we behold Him within our souls, all our powers and faculties, and even our senses, are recollected within us. If we look at God apart from ourselves we are easily distracted by exterior objects.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2988 on: June 07, 2019, 02:50:21 PM »

'Cultivate a tender devotion to the dolors of Mary, to her Immaculate Conception, to your guardian angel, to your patron saints, and the holy apostles.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2989 on: June 08, 2019, 05:25:27 AM »

'There are three principal reasons why we find ourselves desolate. The first is, because of our being tepid, lazy or negligent in our spiritual exercises; and so through our faults, spiritual consolation withdraws from us. The second, to try us and see how much we are and how much we let ourselves out in His service and praise without such great pay of consolation and great graces. The third, to give us true acquaintance and knowledge, that we may interiorly feel that it is not ours to get or keep great devotion, intense love, tears, or any other spiritual consolation, but that all is the gift and grace of God our Lord, and that we may not build a nest in a thing not ours, raising our intellect into some pride or vainglory, attributing to us devotion or the other things of the spiritual consolation.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola, 'Spiritual Exercises'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2990 on: June 08, 2019, 03:16:18 PM »

'More signs are required to decide that God intends a man to remain in a state wherein the observance of the commandments alone suffices, than to believe the same man to be called to the practice of evangelical counsels; for our Lord openly exhorts us to follow these counsels.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2991 on: June 09, 2019, 05:07:19 AM »

'Remain firmly attached to the traditional doctrine that you have been taught, so that you can preach according to right doctrine and refute those who contradict it.'

St. Jerome

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: