Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 03:18:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 182 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 705935 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2992 on: June 09, 2019, 08:40:48 PM »

'By only looking at a person, we know if he is pure. His eyes have an air of candor and modesty which leads you to the good God. Some people, on the contrary, look quite inflamed with passion. . . Satan places himself in their eyes to make others fall and to lead them to evil.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2993 on: June 10, 2019, 06:01:10 AM »

'In passing from a bad state to a good one there is no need of counsel, but in passing from a good one to a better, time, counsel, and prayer must go to the decision.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2994 on: June 11, 2019, 05:50:28 AM »

'His compassion is given to His works: His severity is not over His works, but over your works. Lastly, if you remove your own evil works, and there remain in you nought but His work, His compassion will not leave you: but if you leave not your works, there will be severity over your works, not over His works.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2995 on: June 12, 2019, 06:36:52 AM »

'In leaving the church I would not wish it should be said, O how great an orator! He has a prodigious memory; he is very learned; he spoke admirably: but I would wish to hear the hearers say: How beautiful, how necessary is penance! My God, how good, how just Thou art! and the like: or that the words of the preacher having made a breach in the hearts of the hearers, they were unable to render any testimony in favor of their merit but the amendment of their lives.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2996 on: June 13, 2019, 11:12:01 AM »

'Earthly riches are like the reed. Its roots are sunk in the swamp, and its exterior is fair to behold; but inside it is hollow. If a man leans on such a reed, it will snap off and pierce his soul.'

St. Anthony of Padua

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2997 on: June 13, 2019, 10:41:37 PM »

'Put faith into practice by thinking on these four truths:

God is always present.
Nothing happens without His permission or outside of His will.
Anything we do to others we do to Him.
All kindness and goodness are in Him.

Live faith with these truths:

Drive out all sin.
Console all grief.
Cast away all listlessness.
Enrich the soul with the life of grace. One day God will say about us: quoniam bene.

How? Union with Jesus and Mary.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2998 on: June 15, 2019, 07:22:09 AM »

'The dear Lord knows what is going on. We must pray. The good Lord will take pity. We must not lose patience.'

St. Conrad of Parzham

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2999 on: June 16, 2019, 12:01:10 AM »

'It is as though Jesus said: "O My Father, I am indeed going to clothe myself with human flesh, but the greater part of the world will set no value on my blood!"'

St. Isidore of Seville

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3000 on: June 16, 2019, 10:45:04 PM »

'To pray well requires the whole man.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3001 on: June 17, 2019, 01:22:19 AM »

'But blessed is God, who has granted us to be admitted to such a way of life, not because of any works of justice that we have done, for we have done nothing good upon earth, but according to his mercy the call is freely given. So then each one of us is a debtor, to say always with a contrite heart, Who am I, O Lord, my Lord, and what the house of my father, that you have loved me?'

St. Theodore the Studite

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3002 on: June 19, 2019, 12:34:30 AM »

'The soul that truly loves God loves all good, seeks all good, protects all good, praises all good, joins itself to good men, helps and defends them, and embraces all the virtues: it loves only what is true and worth loving. Do you think it possible that one who truly loves God cares, or can care, for vanities, or riches, or worldly things, or pleasures or honors? Neither can such a soul quarrel or feel envy, for it aims at nothing save pleasing its Beloved.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3003 on: June 20, 2019, 02:28:05 AM »

'When the sun rises and casts its light on the world, it reveals both itself and the things it illumines. Similarly, when the Sun of righteousness rises in the pure intellect. He reveals both Himself and the inner principles of all that has been and will be brought into existence by Him.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3004 on: June 21, 2019, 01:51:50 AM »

'When the devil suggests discouraging thoughts, we must seek help in the remembrance of the blessings, without number, that we have received from God.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3005 on: June 21, 2019, 08:40:13 PM »

'"I will give thee to read in the Book of Life which contains the science of love." And revealing to me His Sacred Heart, He made me read in It the following words: "My love reigns in suffering, it triumphs in humility and rejoices in unity." '

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3006 on: June 22, 2019, 03:19:32 AM »

'As the branch separated from the roots soon loses all life and verdure, so it is with good works which are not united with charity.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3007 on: June 23, 2019, 03:21:38 AM »

'If no poor could be found in the world, men ought to go in search of them, and dig them up from underground to do them good, and to be merciful to them.'

St. Camillus de Lellis

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3008 on: June 24, 2019, 02:57:06 AM »

'The first among all evils is ignorance; next comes lack of faith.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 182 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: