Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2019, 01:54:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 706117 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3043 on: August 02, 2019, 01:45:08 AM »

'The grace of the Holy Ghost be ever with you. Amen.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3044 on: August 03, 2019, 02:07:35 AM »

'Fulfilling a commandment means doing what we are enjoined to do; but virtue is to do it in a manner that conforms to the truth.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3045 on: August 03, 2019, 04:10:28 AM »

'An impassioned conceptual image is a thought compounded of passion and a conceptual image. If we separate the passion from the conceptual image, what remains is the passion-free thought. We can make this separation by means of spiritual love and self-control, if only we have the will.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3046 on: August 04, 2019, 03:29:25 AM »

'The person who listens to Christ fills himself with light; and if he imitates Christ, he reclaims himself.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3047 on: August 05, 2019, 12:35:13 AM »

'He wishes your fidelity to be unswerving. Whatever it may cost you, you must persevere, for the Sacred Heart is averse to every sort of inconstancy -- and this is your greatest fault; but it is only you yourself who, with the grace of God, can remedy it by continually doing violence to self.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3048 on: August 07, 2019, 02:49:26 AM »

'It is good to hold fast to the principal commandment, and not to be anxious about particular things or to pray for them specifically, but to seek only the kingdom and the word of God (cf. Matt. 6: 25-33). If, however, we are still anxious about our particular needs, we should also pray for each of them. He who does or plans anything without prayer will not succeed in the end. And this is what the Lord meant when He said; "Without Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3049 on: August 09, 2019, 02:08:02 AM »

'The devotion to the Eucharist is the most noble, because it has God as its object; it is the most profitable for salvation, because it gives us the Author of Grace; it is the sweetest, because the Lord is Sweetness Itself.'

Pope St. Pius X

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3050 on: August 10, 2019, 01:35:51 AM »

'When you do a good action, have the intention of first pleasing God, and then of giving good example to your neighbor.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3051 on: August 11, 2019, 02:00:29 PM »

'The dispassion taught by the God of truth is a noble quality; through it He fulfils the aspirations of the devout soul.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3052 on: August 12, 2019, 12:27:38 AM »

'When you are before the altar where Christ reposes, you ought no longer to think that you are amongst men; but believe that there are troops of angels and archangels standing by you, and trembling with respect before the sovereign Master of Heaven and earth. Therefore, when you are in church, be there in silence, fear, and veneration.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3053 on: August 13, 2019, 05:10:41 AM »

'When the body dies, it is wholly separated from the things of this world. Similarly, when the intellect dies while in that supreme state of prayer, it is separated from all conceptual images of this world. If it does not die such a death, it cannot be with God and live with Him.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3054 on: August 14, 2019, 12:37:06 AM »

'Two criminals were crucified with Christ. One was saved - do not despair. One was not - do not presume.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3055 on: August 15, 2019, 12:59:41 AM »

'I must die to myself continually and accept trials without complaining. I work, I suffer and I love with no other witness than His Heart. Anyone who is not prepared to suffer all for the Beloved and to do His will in all things is not worthy of the sweet name of Friend, for here below, Love without suffering does not exist.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3056 on: August 16, 2019, 02:22:38 AM »

'So submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil: and the devil will fly from you. Draw nigh to God: and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you of two minds. Begin to lament, to mourn, to weep. . . Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will exalt you.'

James 4:7-9,10

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3057 on: August 17, 2019, 01:45:27 AM »

'I have to seek only the glory of God, my own sanctification, and the salvation of my neighbor. I should therefore devote myself to these things, if necessary, at the peril of my life.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3058 on: August 21, 2019, 03:47:37 AM »

'The number of saved is as few as the number of grapes left after the vineyard pickers have passed.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3059 on: August 22, 2019, 01:13:20 AM »

'Impurity of intellect consists first in having false knowledge; secondly in being ignorant of any of the universals (I refer to the human intellect, for it is a property of the angelic intellect not to be ignorant even of particulars); thirdly in having impassioned thoughts; and fourthly in assenting to sin.'

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: