Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2019, 02:13:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 706120 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3077 on: September 10, 2019, 01:28:01 AM »

'Whence we preach nothing except what we have received from our forefathers. In all things, therefore, both in the rule of faith in the observance of discipline, let the pattern of antiquity be observed.'

Pope St. Leo the Great

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3078 on: September 11, 2019, 05:05:30 AM »

'Bless God at all times: and desire of Him to direct thy ways, and that all thy counsels may abide in Him.'

Tobias 4:20

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3079 on: September 12, 2019, 02:44:57 AM »

'Tribulations, if we bear them patiently for the love of God, appear bitter at first, but they grow sweet, when one gets accustomed to the taste.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3080 on: September 13, 2019, 02:38:52 AM »

'The only true riches are those that make us rich in virtue. Therefore, if you want to be rich, beloved, love true riches. If you aspire to the heights of real honor, strive to reach the kingdom of Heaven. If you value rank and renown, hasten to be enrolled in the heavenly court of the Angels.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3081 on: September 14, 2019, 11:25:12 AM »

'Shall we, in the spirit of mortification, abstain from drinking water? Yes, for the love of Jesus, Who was crucified and tormented with thirst on the cross, let us make this sacrifice.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3082 on: September 15, 2019, 06:07:26 AM »

'Your prayer ought to be continual. The place wherein we ought to pray is the spirit of God.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3083 on: Yesterday at 01:13:48 AM »

'It is His Will that we should apply to Him in all our needs, with humble, respectful, but very filial trust, abandoning ourselves entirely to His loving care like children to a good father.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3084 on: Today at 07:33:23 AM »

'He Himself says of His own, "I will dwell in them and walk in them" (2 Cor. vi. 16.).

Doubt not, therefore, that wherever there are holy souls, there He is in them. For if thou art in those limbs of thine which thou quickenest, wholly and in all their parts, how much more is God, who created thee and thy body, wholly present in thee through and through?'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: