Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:10:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1240120 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3072 on: September 04, 2019, 01:21:28 AM »

'My divine spouse has made me desire a humble and hidden life. Jesus has often told me that I will not die until I have sacrificed all to Him. And to convince me, He has often told me that when it is over, at the hour of death, He alone, Jesus crucified, will console me. I will carry only Him, my faithful friend, with me to my grave. It is madness to attach myself to anything other than Him.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3073 on: September 05, 2019, 01:22:06 AM »

'Notwithstanding my weakness, I am no longer afraid; I have placed my confidence in God Who can do all things, and from Whom I hope all things, for I rely not on myself.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3074 on: September 07, 2019, 05:25:39 AM »

'More determination is required to subdue the interior man than to mortify the body; and to break one's will than to break one's bones.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3075 on: September 08, 2019, 04:52:18 AM »

'The signs that accompany those who wish to submit to the Logos of God and who bring forth good fruit are: sighing, weeping, sorrow, stillness, shaking of the head, prayer, silence, persistence, bitter grief, tribulation of heart arising from religious devotion. In addition, their actions manifest vigilance, fasting, self-control, gentleness, forbearance, unceasing prayer, study of the divine Scriptures, faith, humility, brotherly affection, submission, rigorous toil, hardship, love, kindliness, courtesy and-the sum of all-light, which is the Lord. The signs that accompany those who are not producing the fruit of life are listlessness, day-dreaming, curiosity, lack of attention, grumbling, instability; and in their actions they manifest gluttony, anger, wrath, back-biting, conceit, untimely talk, unbelief, disorderliness, forgetfulness, unrest, sordid greed, avarice, envy, fractiousness, contempt, garrulity, senseless laughter, willfulness and - the sum of all - darkness, which is Satan.'

St. Symeon Metaphrastis

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3076 on: September 09, 2019, 02:07:55 AM »

'The things of this world do not remain constantly with us, for if we do not leave them before we actually die, in death at least we all infallibly depart as empty-handed as we came.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3077 on: September 10, 2019, 02:28:01 AM »

'Whence we preach nothing except what we have received from our forefathers. In all things, therefore, both in the rule of faith in the observance of discipline, let the pattern of antiquity be observed.'

Pope St. Leo the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3078 on: September 11, 2019, 06:05:30 AM »

'Bless God at all times: and desire of Him to direct thy ways, and that all thy counsels may abide in Him.'

Tobias 4:20

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3079 on: September 12, 2019, 03:44:57 AM »

'Tribulations, if we bear them patiently for the love of God, appear bitter at first, but they grow sweet, when one gets accustomed to the taste.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3080 on: September 13, 2019, 03:38:52 AM »

'The only true riches are those that make us rich in virtue. Therefore, if you want to be rich, beloved, love true riches. If you aspire to the heights of real honor, strive to reach the kingdom of Heaven. If you value rank and renown, hasten to be enrolled in the heavenly court of the Angels.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3081 on: September 14, 2019, 12:25:12 PM »

'Shall we, in the spirit of mortification, abstain from drinking water? Yes, for the love of Jesus, Who was crucified and tormented with thirst on the cross, let us make this sacrifice.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3082 on: September 15, 2019, 07:07:26 AM »

'Your prayer ought to be continual. The place wherein we ought to pray is the spirit of God.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3083 on: September 16, 2019, 02:13:48 AM »

'It is His Will that we should apply to Him in all our needs, with humble, respectful, but very filial trust, abandoning ourselves entirely to His loving care like children to a good father.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3084 on: September 17, 2019, 08:33:23 AM »

'He Himself says of His own, "I will dwell in them and walk in them" (2 Cor. vi. 16.).

Doubt not, therefore, that wherever there are holy souls, there He is in them. For if thou art in those limbs of thine which thou quickenest, wholly and in all their parts, how much more is God, who created thee and thy body, wholly present in thee through and through?'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3085 on: September 18, 2019, 01:27:46 AM »

'What? The cross make us lose our inward peace? Surely it is the cross that bestows it on our hearts. All our miseries come from our not loving it.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3086 on: September 20, 2019, 04:34:41 AM »

'Sufferings are the richest presents that the Divine Majesty bestows on you.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3087 on: September 21, 2019, 02:45:04 AM »

'He who does not make his will agree with God is tripped up by his own schemes and falls into the hands of his enemies.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: