Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 09:06:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 724491 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3111 on: October 11, 2019, 08:38:03 AM »

'And we denounce unto you, brethren, in the name of our Lord JESUS Christ, that you withdraw yourselves from every brother walking inordinately, and not according to the tradition which they have received of us.'

2 Thessalonians 3:6

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3112 on: October 12, 2019, 12:44:36 AM »

'Pray firstly to be purified of passions, secondly to be freed from ignorance and forgetfulness, and thirdly to be delivered from all temptation and forsaking.'

St. Nilus of Sinai

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3113 on: October 14, 2019, 06:19:21 AM »

'Happy the soul that is detached from self-satisfaction, from her own will, from her own sentiments!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3114 on: October 15, 2019, 12:02:34 AM »

'Our labor here is brief, but the reward is eternal. Do not be disturbed by the clamor of the world, which passes like a shadow.'

St. Clare of Assisi

For a moment I thought 'passes like a swallow'. Cheesy

littlepigeons

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3115 on: October 16, 2019, 03:59:16 PM »

'The devotion to the Eucharist is the most noble, because it has God as its object; it is the most profitable for salvation, because it gives us the Author of Grace; it is the sweetest, because the Lord is Sweetness Itself.'

Pope St. Pius X

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3116 on: October 17, 2019, 01:51:26 AM »

'Live always in the certainty that whatever happens to you is the result of divine Providence; because nothing hard or laborious falls to your lot without the Lord permitting it.'

St. Louis de Blois

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3117 on: October 18, 2019, 03:17:28 AM »

'We must take care of little faults: for he who once begins to go backward, and to make light of such defects, brings a sort of grossness over his conscience, and then goes wrong altogether.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3118 on: October 19, 2019, 04:13:15 AM »

'We should not measure our spiritual progress by our deeds, our amiability, or our love of solitude, but by the violence we do ourselves.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3119 on: October 20, 2019, 12:05:45 AM »

'By Christ's Passion our weakness was cured. By His Resurrection death was conquered. Still we have to be sorrowful for the world, as well as joyful in the Lord, sorrowful in penance, joyful in gratitude.'

St. Ambrose of Milan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3120 on: October 21, 2019, 04:50:26 AM »

'Keep your soul always in peace, with love and trust in our Lord, and -- I repeat -- remember what you have promised Him, that is to say, undivided love, persevering humility and generous mortification. This is what you owe to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3121 on: October 21, 2019, 07:40:18 PM »

'God wants me to eat and sleep not as a luxury, but as a necessity and for my humiliation, so that I can see how poor I am to still be needing such worldly things, whereas in heaven there will be no need to eat or sleep. And so I say, "Lord, I do these things because it is your will."'

St. Anthony Mary Claret

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3122 on: October 22, 2019, 09:00:50 PM »

'We can obtain no reward without merit, and no merit without patience.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3123 on: October 22, 2019, 09:13:40 PM »

'Notwithstanding my weakness, I am no longer afraid; I have placed my confidence in God Who can do all things, and from Whom I hope all things, for I rely not on myself.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3124 on: October 23, 2019, 02:20:15 AM »

'Even if we do not wish to believe Him, it was Jesus who said that no one can serve two masters (cf. Matt. 6:24).'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3125 on: October 23, 2019, 04:17:54 AM »

'We must say to ourselves, "O Lord, Thou hast wrought all our works in us." [Is. 26:12] Because this is really so you must attribute every good work to Him and not to yourself. Bear in mind that "you in your own might and in the strength of your own hand" [c.f. Deut. 8:17] have not attained to all the good things you possess. "It is the Lord who made us and not we ourselves." [c.f. Ps. 99:3]'

St. Bonaventure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3126 on: October 24, 2019, 06:45:55 AM »

'It has pleased God to reserve me for this present time. It seemed awhile ago as if he rejected me as a stone unfit to enter his building, but he has the goodness to take me now to be placed in it; I am ready to suffer all things for his name, that I may have a part in his kingdom with his saints.'

St. Serenus, during his trial

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3127 on: October 25, 2019, 08:36:27 AM »

'Nothing created has ever been able to fill the heart of man. God alone can fill it infinitely.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: