Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2019, 09:32:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 736427 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3128 on: October 26, 2019, 12:25:50 AM »

'In this golden ciborium I put your Sacramental Communions. In this silver ciborium I put your Spiritual Communions. Both ciboriums are quite pleasing to Me.'

The Lord, to St. Catherine of Siena

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3129 on: October 27, 2019, 12:04:18 AM »

'The devil hates all Christians indeed, but cannot tolerate in any way upright monks and virgins of Christ.'

St. Anthony of Egypt

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3130 on: October 29, 2019, 12:04:26 AM »

'Provided He is pleased we ought to be satisfied, and ought not to be troubled about our feelings of dissatisfaction or annoyance; these arise within us only because we are not sufficiently mortified and simple-hearted to cut off the windings and reflections of self-love.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3131 on: October 30, 2019, 12:58:39 AM »

'Poverty and tribulations are given us by God as trials of our fidelity and virtue, as well as to enrich us with more real and lasting riches in heaven.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3132 on: October 30, 2019, 09:04:36 PM »

'If we find ourselves in an abyss of resistance and opposition to the Will of God, we must submerge it in that of submission and conformity to our Lord. There, losing all our resistance, let us clothe ourselves with that salutary conformity to all His designs in our regard.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3133 on: October 31, 2019, 12:31:50 AM »

'Glory not in apparel at any time, and be not exalted in the day of thy honour: for the works of the Highest only are wonderful, and his works are glorious, and secret, and hidden.'

Ecclesiasticus 11:4

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3134 on: November 01, 2019, 02:55:13 AM »

'Happy the man to whom God has given the science of the saints. [c.f. Sap. x. 10.] Oh, how sublime the science which teaches us to know how to love God and to save our souls!

Happy, says St. Augustine, is the man "who knows God, although he is ignorant of other things." They who know God, the love which he merits, and how to love him, stand not in need of any other knowledge. They are wiser than those who are masters of many sciences, but know not how to love God.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3135 on: November 02, 2019, 02:09:19 AM »

'Our Lord loves you and wishes to see you advance with great speed in the way of His love, however crucifying to nature. Therefore, do not bargain with Him, but give Him all, and you will find all in His divine Heart.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3136 on: November 03, 2019, 03:15:07 AM »

'If you wish to acquire the gift of prayer, you must humbly persevere in mortifying your senses. . . I especially advise you to be very faithful to holy recollection, mortifying your eyes, your tongue and your ears, but cutting off all vain curiosity, which is often the cause of the distractions which beset you in your [spiritual] exercises.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3137 on: November 04, 2019, 04:20:33 AM »

'On awaking, enter in the Sacred Heart of Jesus and consecrate to It your body, your soul, your heart and your whole being, so as to live but for Its love and glory alone.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3138 on: November 05, 2019, 02:31:14 AM »

'Eternal Trinity, Godhead, mystery deep as the sea, you could give me no greater gift than the gift of yourself. For you are a fire ever burning and never consumed, which itself consumes all the selfish love that fills my being. Yes, you are a fire that takes away the coldness, illuminates the mind with its light, and causes me to know your truth. And I know that you are beauty and wisdom itself. The food of angels, you gave yourself to man in the fire of your love.'

St. Catherine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3139 on: November 05, 2019, 12:51:19 PM »

'. . . so we will have no dealings with rebel heretics, remembering the Lord's command, who says, "Give not that which is holy to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before swine." [Matthew 7:6] Surely it is altogether unworthy and unjust to admit to freedom of discussion men whom the Holy Spirit describes in the words of the prophet, "the sons of the stranger have lied unto me."'

Pope St. Leo the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3140 on: November 06, 2019, 04:15:33 AM »

'Do not trust in your own righteousness, do not worry about the past, but control your tongue and your stomach.'

St. Anthony of Egypt

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3141 on: November 07, 2019, 03:23:57 AM »

'There is an energy of grace not understood by beginners, and there is also an energy of evil which resembles the truth. It is advisable not to scrutinize these energies too closely, because one may be led astray, and not to condemn them out of hand, because they may contain some truth, but we should lay everything before God in hope, for He knows what is of value in both of them.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3142 on: November 08, 2019, 05:35:43 AM »

'Obedience to a commandment purifies the soul, and purification of the soul leads to its participation in light.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3143 on: November 09, 2019, 12:24:59 AM »

'Death in the true sense is separation from God, and "the sting of death is sin" (1 Cor. 15:56). Adam, who received the sting, became at the same time an exile from the tree of life, from paradise and from God (cf. Gen. 3); and this was necessarily followed by the body's death. Life, in the true sense, is He who said, "I am the life" (John 11:25), and who, having entered into death, led back to life him who had died.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3144 on: November 10, 2019, 03:16:00 AM »

'Blessed the one who has made his fellow servants glad with spiritual gladness from the fruit of the virtues, which he planted by toiling to give back the fruit of life in the Lord.'

St. Ephrem of Syria

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: