Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2019, 03:32:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 734771 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3162 on: November 30, 2019, 12:12:56 AM »

'I wish that I always had at hand a weeding tool to root up and entirely destroy the weed which continually springs up in my garden. You understand me; I mean that I endeavor to strip my soul of all that is not God.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3163 on: December 01, 2019, 04:40:16 PM »

'God, heal your creature, that he not be ruled by the enemy.'

St. Poemen

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3164 on: December 02, 2019, 09:48:35 AM »

'The lover of Jesus will be freed from evil; the disciples of Jesus will behold true knowledge.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3165 on: December 04, 2019, 05:31:27 AM »

'The more the intellect withdraws from bodily cares, the more clearly it sees the craftiness of the enemy.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3166 on: December 05, 2019, 09:30:34 PM »

'Holy men are able to look even now upon their Creator by the grace of contemplation.'

St. Peter Damian

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3167 on: December 06, 2019, 08:29:04 AM »

'Many have fought in various ways against circumstances; but without prayer and repentance no one has escaped evil.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3168 on: December 06, 2019, 07:29:14 PM »

'Do not think that every affliction is a consequence of sin. For there are some who do God's will and yet are tested. Thus it is written that the ungodly and wicked shall be persecuted (cf. Ps. 37: 28), but also that those who "seek to live a holy life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution" (2 Tim. 3:12).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3169 on: December 07, 2019, 03:15:16 AM »

'This is the Great Work of a man: always to take the blame for his own sins before God and to expect temptation to his last breath.'

St. Anthony of Egypt

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3170 on: December 09, 2019, 12:55:57 AM »

'We must accept the adversities which God sends us without reasoning too much upon them, and we must take for granted that it is the best thing which could happen to us.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3171 on: December 10, 2019, 03:15:32 AM »

'He could, indeed have appeared upon this earth a full-grown man, as the first man Adam appeared. No, the Son of God wished to present Himself under the form of a sweet little child, that thus He might the more readily and the more forcibly draw to Himself the love of man. Little children of themselves are loved at once, and to see them and to love them is the same thing. With this view, says St. Francis de Sales, the Eternal Word chose first to be seen among men as an infant, to conciliate to Himself the love of all mankind.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3172 on: Yesterday at 07:03:42 AM »

'Truly, you are dead, and your life is hidden in God with Christ. Since you are dead to everything that is not God, keep yourself perfectly detached from every creature. God loves childlike souls. He teaches them that wisdom which He has concealed from the wise and prudent of the world. (Matt. xi. 25.) Never stray away from the sacred wounds of Jesus. Let the sufferings of your Divine Redeemer be deeply impressed on your heart, and be assured that He, the Good Shepherd, will conduct you as a cherished lamb to His divine fold. And what is the fold of this amiable Shepherd? It is the bosom of His heavenly Father.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: