Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:02:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 297 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1228063 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3168 on: December 06, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »

'Do not think that every affliction is a consequence of sin. For there are some who do God's will and yet are tested. Thus it is written that the ungodly and wicked shall be persecuted (cf. Ps. 37: 28), but also that those who "seek to live a holy life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution" (2 Tim. 3:12).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3169 on: December 07, 2019, 04:15:16 AM »

'This is the Great Work of a man: always to take the blame for his own sins before God and to expect temptation to his last breath.'

St. Anthony of Egypt

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3170 on: December 09, 2019, 01:55:57 AM »

'We must accept the adversities which God sends us without reasoning too much upon them, and we must take for granted that it is the best thing which could happen to us.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3171 on: December 10, 2019, 04:15:32 AM »

'He could, indeed have appeared upon this earth a full-grown man, as the first man Adam appeared. No, the Son of God wished to present Himself under the form of a sweet little child, that thus He might the more readily and the more forcibly draw to Himself the love of man. Little children of themselves are loved at once, and to see them and to love them is the same thing. With this view, says St. Francis de Sales, the Eternal Word chose first to be seen among men as an infant, to conciliate to Himself the love of all mankind.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3172 on: December 11, 2019, 08:03:42 AM »

'Truly, you are dead, and your life is hidden in God with Christ. Since you are dead to everything that is not God, keep yourself perfectly detached from every creature. God loves childlike souls. He teaches them that wisdom which He has concealed from the wise and prudent of the world. (Matt. xi. 25.) Never stray away from the sacred wounds of Jesus. Let the sufferings of your Divine Redeemer be deeply impressed on your heart, and be assured that He, the Good Shepherd, will conduct you as a cherished lamb to His divine fold. And what is the fold of this amiable Shepherd? It is the bosom of His heavenly Father.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3173 on: December 12, 2019, 11:15:23 AM »

'The best of attitudes is humility.
The best of occupations, work.
The best of sentiments, pity.
The best of cares, justice.
The best of pains, that which a man takes to make peace between two enemies.
The best of sorrows, sorrow for sin.
The best of chararacters, generosity.

St. Cadoc

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3174 on: December 13, 2019, 04:10:58 PM »

'The soul's strength is its firm state of virtue; on reaching such a state one may say with the invincible apostle Paul; 'What can separate us from the love of Christ?' (Rom. 8:35).'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3175 on: December 14, 2019, 02:01:52 AM »

'I also recommend to you holy modesty at all times and in all places, because we are always in the presence of God, Who is everywhere.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3176 on: December 15, 2019, 04:06:25 AM »

'By denying our self-love and our inclinations in little things, we gradually acquire mortification and victory over ourselves.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3177 on: December 16, 2019, 04:24:56 PM »

'To do well and to feel that we do nothing well is a sign of deep humility.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3178 on: December 17, 2019, 02:42:30 PM »

'There were two saints in the desert, who had sewed thorns into all their clothes; and we seek for nothing but comfort!'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3179 on: December 18, 2019, 08:07:28 AM »

'When passions dominate the intellect, they separate it from God, binding it to material things and preoccupying it with them. But when love of God dominates the intellect, it frees it from its bonds, persuading it to rise above not only sensible things but even this transitory life.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3180 on: December 19, 2019, 07:34:42 AM »

'Do you see that glass of water or that piece of bread which a holy soul gives to a poor person for God's sake; it is a small matter, God knows, and in human judgment hardly worthy of consideration: God, notwithstanding, recompenses it, and forthwith gives for it some increase of charity.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3181 on: December 20, 2019, 11:10:29 AM »

'It is the manner of life which shows up those who know the commandments; for as a man's word is, so is his life.

The tree is known by its fruit, not by its blossom and leaves. Knowledge, then, comes from the fruit and from behaviour, not from talk and from blossom.'

St. Clement of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3182 on: December 22, 2019, 01:31:52 AM »

'In the Angelic Salutation can be seen the faith and hope of the patriarchs, the prophets and the apostles. Furthermore, it gives to martyrs their unswerving constancy and strength, it is the wisdom of the doctors of the Church, the perseverance of the holy confessors and the life of all religious. It is the new hymn of the law of grace, the joy of angels and men, and the hymn which terrifies devils and puts them to shame.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3183 on: December 23, 2019, 03:16:44 AM »

'Do not attempt to explain something difficult with contentiousness, but in the way which the spiritual law enjoins: with patience, prayer and unwavering hope.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 297 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: