Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233226 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3184 on: December 24, 2019, 10:23:30 AM »

'And it came to pass, that when they were there, her days were accomplished, that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him up in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds watching, and keeping the night watches over their flock. And behold an angel of the Lord stood by them, and the brightness of God shone round about them; and they feared with a great fear.'

Luke 2:6-9

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3185 on: December 25, 2019, 02:29:39 AM »

'And the angel said to them: Fear not; for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, that shall be to all the people: For, this day, is born to you a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord, in the city of David. And this shall be a sign unto you. You shall find the infant wrapped in swaddling clothes, and laid in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly army, praising God, and saying: Glory to God in the highest; and on earth peace to men of good will.'

Luke 2:10-14

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3186 on: December 26, 2019, 03:32:41 AM »

'Dearly beloved, if our heart do not reprehend us, we have confidence towards God: And whatsoever we shall ask, we shall receive of him: because we keep his commandments, and do those things which are pleasing in his sight.'

1 John 3:21

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3187 on: December 26, 2019, 05:15:22 PM »

'In the Old Testament the New is concealed, in the New the Old is revealed.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3188 on: December 27, 2019, 06:19:59 AM »

'The holy kings then look at Mary, who does not speak she remains silent; but with her blessed countenance that breathes the sweetness of paradise she welcomes them, and thanks them for having been the first to come and acknowledge her son (as indeed he is) for their Sovereign Lord. See also how, out of reverence, they adore him in silence, and acknowledge him for their God, kissing his feet, and offering him their gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Let us also with the holy Magi adore our little King Jesus, and let us offer him all our hearts.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3189 on: December 28, 2019, 02:30:23 AM »

'You ought to forget yourself in God; let your spirit fall, as a drop of water, into that immense ocean of charity, to repose there and receive the divine communications, without losing sight of your nothingness. We learn all things in this divine solitude; we learn more things in this interior school by being silent than by talking. St. Mary Magdalen out of love fell at the feet of Jesus; there she was silent, she listened, she loved, she lost herself in love.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3190 on: December 29, 2019, 07:35:18 AM »

'The acknowledgment of and gratitude for favors and gifts received is loved and esteemed in Heaven and on earth.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3191 on: December 31, 2019, 10:07:28 AM »

'When you say your Rosary, the angels rejoice, the Blessed Trinity delights in it, my Son finds joy in it too, and I myself am happier than you can possibly guess. After the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, there is nothing in the Church that I love as much as the Rosary.'

The Blessed Virgin, to Bl. Alan de la Roche

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3192 on: January 01, 2020, 02:39:17 AM »

'If you truly love --- and long to reach the kingdom that is to come, if you are truly pained by your failings and are mindful of punishment and of the eternal judgment, if you are truly afraid to die, then it will not be possible to have an attachment, or anxiety, or concern for money, for possessions, for family relationships, for worldly glory, for love and brotherhood, indeed for anything of earth. All worry about one's condition, even for one's body, will be pushed aside as hateful. Stripped of all thought of these, caring nothing about them, one will return freely to Christ. One will look to heaven and to the help coming from there, as in the scriptural sayings: "I will cling close to you" (Psalm 62:9) and "I have not grown tired of following you nor have I longed for the day or the rest that man gives" (Jeremiah 17:16)'

St. John Climacus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3193 on: January 01, 2020, 10:02:22 PM »

'Happy are they who have received Thee today in the Blessed Sacrament, O Jesus. Blessed are the walls of the Church that guard my Jesus. Blessed are the priests, who are always near the most lovable Jesus.'

St. Mary Frances of the Five Wounds

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3194 on: January 02, 2020, 05:35:18 AM »

'All that the beginner in prayer has to do -- and you must not forget this, for it is very important -- is to labour and be resolute and prepare himself with all possible diligence to bring his will into conformity with the will of God. As I shall say later, you may be quite sure that this comprises the very greatest perfection which can be attained on the spiritual road.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3195 on: January 03, 2020, 07:45:57 PM »

'Men of the world, who know no treasures but those of the earth, cannot comprehend what pleasure can be found in spending a long time before an altar, where is placed a consecrated Host; but to souls which love God, hours and days passed before the Blessed Sacrament seem as moments, for the celestial sweetness which the Lord there gives them to taste and to enjoy.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3196 on: January 04, 2020, 04:06:01 PM »

'I resolve to cultivate a deep devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and strive to imitate her virtues. '

St. Conrad of Parzham, resolutions in the novitiate

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3197 on: January 05, 2020, 03:32:46 PM »

'There is a beauty of form, a dignity of language, a sublimity of diction which are, so to speak, spontaneous, and are the natural outcome of great thoughts, strong convictions, and glowing feelings. The Fathers [of the Church] often attain to this eloquence without intending to do so, without self-complacency and all unconsciously.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3198 on: January 06, 2020, 08:30:30 PM »

'I must efface and annihilate myself and live poor, unknown, forgotten and despised by divine Master, so that He may found His Kingdom on my nothingness.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3199 on: January 07, 2020, 12:06:18 AM »

'He will keep the salvation of the righteous, and protect them that walk simply keeping the paths of justice, and guarding the ways of saints.'

Proverbs 2:7-8

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: