Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:33:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1232777 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3200 on: January 07, 2020, 07:33:31 PM »

'Rain cannot fall without a cloud, and we cannot please God without a good conscience.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3201 on: January 08, 2020, 05:20:13 AM »

'Sinners call the saints who, in this life, fly from honors, riches, and the pleasures of sense, and embrace poverty, contempt, and mortification, fools. But at the day of final retribution they will confess that they themselves have been fools in judging the lives of the saints to be folly: We fools esteemed their life madness. (Wis. 5:4) And what greater folly can there be than to live without God? which is to live a miserable life in this world, to be succeeded by a still more miserable one in hell.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3202 on: January 09, 2020, 08:54:49 AM »

'Religion clean and undefiled before God and the Father, is this: to visit the fatherless and widows in their tribulation: and to keep one's self unstained from this world.'

James 1:27

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3203 on: January 10, 2020, 08:39:57 PM »

'When in the intensity of its love for God the intellect goes out of itself, then it has no sense of itself or of any created thing. For when it is illumined by the infinite light of God, it becomes insensible to everything made by Him, just as the eye becomes insensible to the stars when the sun rises.

All the virtues cooperate with the intellect to produce this intense longing for God, pure prayer above all. For by soaring towards God through this prayer the intellect rises above the realm of created beings.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3204 on: January 11, 2020, 11:46:28 PM »

'We have learnt to recognize as freedom that which the Lord alone confers on us when he liberates us from lusts and desires and the other passions. "He who says, I know the Lord, and does not keep his commandments, is a liar and the truth is not in him," says John.'

St. Clement of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3205 on: January 13, 2020, 07:55:11 AM »

'Recreation ordinarily consists in conversing in an open, frank manner and recounting interesting, pleasant things that provide occasions of laughter and entertainment for the group. However, you must take care that these stories do not include anything vulgar or anything suggesting a lack of good education. Rather, they must be told in an uplifting manner, which ought to make the simplest tale striking, interesting, and pleasing to others.'

St. Jean-Baptiste de la Salle

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3206 on: January 14, 2020, 09:40:36 AM »

'Cheerfulness strengthens the heart and makes us persevere in a good life; wherefore the servant of God ought always to be in good spirits.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3207 on: January 15, 2020, 09:31:31 AM »

'God takes particular care to detach those from the fleeting pleasures of this life whom He loves with a love of predilection, by the desires with which He inspires them for the heavenly life, and by the griefs and afflictions which He sends them in this life.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3208 on: January 16, 2020, 11:23:13 AM »

'Let us take refuge in the Wound of the Sacred Side like a poor traveller, who seeks a safe harbor in which to shelter from the rocks and tempests of the stormy sea of this life, for here below we are continually exposed to shipwreck, unless we have the help of our all-wise Pilot.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3209 on: January 17, 2020, 11:59:01 AM »

'Cultivate a tender devotion to the dolors of Mary, to her Immaculate Conception, to your guardian angel, to your patron saints, and the holy apostles.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3210 on: January 18, 2020, 03:17:46 AM »

'My soul, rejoice that you resemble Jesus a little in that you are hidden behind lowliness!'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3211 on: January 18, 2020, 04:08:54 AM »

'Resignation is all in all to the sick man; he ought to say to God, "Lord, if You want me, here I am, although I have never done any good: do with me what You will.'"

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3212 on: January 19, 2020, 07:18:11 AM »

'I ardently desire, and I ask you by the love and respect we bear to our Divine Master, that in our spiritual exercises we would remember one an other.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3213 on: January 20, 2020, 04:41:26 AM »

'When a trial comes upon you unexpectedly, do not blame the person through whom it came but try to discover the reason why it came, and then you will find a way of dealing with it. For whether through this person or through someone else you had in any case to drink the wormwood of God's judgments.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3214 on: January 21, 2020, 06:56:17 AM »

'Since the sanctification of man is in the power of God who sanctifies, it is not in the competency of man to choose the things by which he is to be sanctified, but this must be determined by Divine institution.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3215 on: January 22, 2020, 03:28:40 AM »

'The paralytic let down through the roof (cf. Mark 2:4) signifies a sinner reproved in God's name by the faithful and receiving forgiveness because of their faith.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: