Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 08, 2020, 12:23:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 764451 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3281 on: March 19, 2020, 12:03:35 AM »

'Cleanse your vessel, that you may receive grace more abundantly. For though remission of sins is given equally to all, the communion of the Holy Ghost is bestowed in proportion to each man's faith. If you have laboured little, you receive little; but if you have wrought much, the reward is great.'

St. Cyril of Jerusalem

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3282 on: March 20, 2020, 02:04:02 AM »

'Let a man who desires the first place take the last.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3283 on: March 21, 2020, 12:57:38 AM »

'Do not cling to spiritual consolation, for it is not lasting; on the contrary, seek God by faith, and remember that He has a right to our love no less when He tries us than when He consoles us.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3284 on: March 22, 2020, 01:20:39 AM »

'He who truly loves God regards as little what he suffers for God's sake.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3285 on: March 23, 2020, 03:14:01 AM »

'What consolation does one not experience in carrying the Cross with Jesus? What joys inundate the heart of one who is in sanctifying grace?'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3286 on: March 25, 2020, 03:47:57 AM »

'Unless a man acquires, through the grace of Christ, knowledge of the truth and fear of God, he is gravely wounded not only by the passions but also by the things that happen to him.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3287 on: March 26, 2020, 05:56:39 AM »

'Once we have entrusted our hope about something to God, we no longer quarrel with our neighbor over it.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3288 on: March 27, 2020, 09:13:10 AM »

'Fear nothing and trust in Me. I am thy Protector and thy Surety. Within thy soul I have established My reign of peace which no one shall disturb, and in thy heart My reign of love which will fill thee with joy; of this joy no one shall deprive thee.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3289 on: March 28, 2020, 08:20:57 AM »

'I fear and tremble, all the while that I long to fulfill your expectations, lest I should prove to be an unworthy panegyrist. For there is in me neither sanctity nor eloquence, worthily to praise the Blessed and glorious Virgin. . . Although none can be found who is worthy to praise her, yet let not even the sinner desist from glorifying her with all his might.'

St. Jerome

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3290 on: March 28, 2020, 03:56:27 PM »

'To continue my spiritual prescription: grind all your sufferings in the mill of patience and silence; knead them with the balm of Our Saviour's Passion into a little pill; swallow it with faith and love, and let the heat of charity digest it.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3291 on: March 29, 2020, 12:48:14 AM »

'We must become detached from self gratification, our own opinions and sentiments, that we may escape the dangers of a spiritual curiosity, and practise true poverty of spirit.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3292 on: March 30, 2020, 12:48:30 AM »

'O my Saviour, who am I, that Thou shouldst have so long awaited my repentance!'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3293 on: March 30, 2020, 05:31:09 PM »

'If you want to go to the monastery, you must be careful about every encounter and everything you do, or you will not be able to do the work of the monastery; for you will not have the right even to drink a single cup there.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3294 on: March 31, 2020, 12:48:40 AM »

'This is the business of our life. By labor and prayer to advance in the grace of God, till we come to that height of perfection in which, with clean hearts, we may behold God.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3295 on: March 31, 2020, 07:01:31 PM »

'Afflictions that come to us are the result of our own sins. But if we accept them patiently through prayer, we shall again find blessings.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3296 on: April 01, 2020, 01:57:10 AM »

'The person who listens to Christ fills himself with light; and if he imitates Christ, he reclaims himself.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3297 on: April 01, 2020, 04:16:26 PM »

'Now this is the will of the Father who sent me: that of all that he hath given me, I should lose nothing; but should raise it up again in the last day.'

John 6:39

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: