Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 03, 2020, 07:54:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 786680 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3383 on: June 14, 2020, 05:10:04 AM »

'A blessing on the man who puts his trust in the Lord, with the Lord for his hope. He is like a tree by the waterside that thrusts its roots to the stream: when the heat comes it feels no alarm, its foliage stays green; it has no worries in a year of drought, and never ceases to bear fruit.'

Jeremias 17:7-8

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3384 on: June 15, 2020, 12:31:50 AM »

'Our Lord is satisfied with our good will. I hope that His Heart will never refuse you the graces necessary to fulfill entirely all that He requires of you.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3385 on: June 16, 2020, 06:35:23 AM »

'God does not forsake you. It is because he wishes to increase your glory that oftentimes he permits you to fall sick. Keep up your courage so that you may also hear him say: "Do you think I have dealt with you otherwise than that you may be shown to be just?"'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3386 on: June 17, 2020, 06:33:48 AM »

'Self-contempt and perfect union with the divine will: these are the main points of the Christian life.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3387 on: June 18, 2020, 08:59:21 AM »

'My hope is in Christ, who strengthens the weakest by His Divine help. I can do all in Him who strengthens me. His Power is infinite, and if I lean on him, it will be mine. His Wisdom is infinite, and if I look to Him for counsel, I shall not be deceived. His Goodness is infinite, and if my trust is stayed in Him, I shall not be abandoned.'

Pope St. Pius X

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3388 on: June 19, 2020, 12:08:01 AM »

'Our own evil inclinations are far more dangerous than any external enemies.'

St. Ambrose of Milan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3389 on: June 20, 2020, 12:31:43 AM »

'With all guard keep thy heart, because life proceedeth from it.'

Proverbs 4:23

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3390 on: June 20, 2020, 11:59:22 PM »

'The soul is more precious than the whole world!'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3391 on: June 22, 2020, 04:58:31 AM »

'Brethren and fathers, fasting is good if it possesses its own special characteristics, which are to be peaceable, meek, well-established, obedient, humble, sympathetic and all the other forms of virtue. But the devil hurries to suggest the opposite to fasters and to make them insolent, angry, bad-tempered, puffed up, so as to produce hurt more than gain. But let us not be ignorant of his plans, but continue our path peaceably, gently, meekly and steadfastly bearing with one another in love, knowing that this is what is acceptable to God; for though you bend your neck double like a hoop and smother yourself with sackcloth and ashes, if these qualities are lacking to you, you would not be well-pleasing to him. Because while fasting batters and wastes the body, it clears the soul and makes it flourish. For as much as our outer nature is perishing, it says, by so much the inner is being renewed day by day. And Our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding weight of glory. So that looking at the recompense, let us bear the toils of virtue with long-suffering, giving thanks to the God and Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.'

St. Theodore the Studite

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3392 on: June 23, 2020, 03:35:54 AM »

'Give to your little girls these three things to remember: "There is only one God. Only one soul. Only one eternity."'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3393 on: June 24, 2020, 02:33:55 AM »

'Great is the intellect that is freed from the passions, has separated itself from created beings, and lives in God.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3394 on: June 25, 2020, 07:34:17 AM »

'I constitute thee heiress of My Heart and of all Its treasures, for time and for eternity, allowing thee to dispose of them according to thy desire; and I promise thee that My assistance will not fail thee, as long as My heart fails not in power. Thou shall be forever Its beloved disciple.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3395 on: June 26, 2020, 02:11:18 AM »

'Do not permit yourself to be a spectacle for the gossip of others; do not allow your honor to be degraded. Do not associate with vain people. Avoid the bad; rebuff the indolent. Flee overmuch association with men, especially those who are more inclined to vice.'

St. Isidore of Seville

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3396 on: June 27, 2020, 03:26:39 AM »

'He who tests all things and "holds fast that which is good" (1 Thess. 5: 21) will in consequence refrain from all evil.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3397 on: June 28, 2020, 05:22:11 AM »

'O Lord, keep Thy hand this day over Philip, if Thou do not, Philip will betray Thee.'

St. Philip Neri, his morning prayer

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3398 on: June 29, 2020, 02:19:38 AM »

'I remember, when I was about seven or eight years old, twice during Holy Week, Jesus appeared to me covered with wounds, and telling me to be devout to His most holy passion, instantly disappeared. I wept bitterly, and every time that I heard speak of the torments and sufferings of Our Lord, I felt something at my heart; and everything that I undertook I offered up in honor of His passion. A desire came into my head of asking my confessor for some mortification, but I did not yield to it. Still I made sufferings for myself, but all without my confessor's leave; such as the discipline, walking on my bare knees, piercing myself with a pin, and beating myself with thistles. If I heard of the works of penance performed by others, I went to the image of my Saviour, and said, "Lord, if I had their instruments of mortification, I would do the same; but since I have them not, I offer Thee my desire." He has often let me know and remember that He made me (at that age) affectionate invitations. Thus, for example, when I had determined on taking some recreation, and could never find time to do so, I heard Jesus in my interior, asking me, "What dost thou seek, what dost thou desire? I am thy real contentment;" and I at once replied, "Lord, for Thy sake I will deprive myself of the pleasure which I sought." How these answered were uttered, I know not; but this I know, that I did make them. . . Sometimes, whilst I was gazing at the crucifix, Jesus spoke to my heart, and said, "I will be Thy guide and spouse;" and I stretched out my arms and exclaimed, "I will be Thy spouse, and no one shall move me from it. I promise it with all my heart; grant that I may never separate myself from Thee."'

St. Veronica Guiliani

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3399 on: June 30, 2020, 06:40:32 AM »

'Is there any one in the world who has invoked thee, O Mary, without having felt the benefit of thy protection, which is promised to those who invoke thy mercy?'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: