Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:08:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1239086 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3392 on: June 23, 2020, 04:35:54 AM »

'Give to your little girls these three things to remember: "There is only one God. Only one soul. Only one eternity."'

St. Gaspar del Bufalo

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3393 on: June 24, 2020, 03:33:55 AM »

'Great is the intellect that is freed from the passions, has separated itself from created beings, and lives in God.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3394 on: June 25, 2020, 08:34:17 AM »

'I constitute thee heiress of My Heart and of all Its treasures, for time and for eternity, allowing thee to dispose of them according to thy desire; and I promise thee that My assistance will not fail thee, as long as My heart fails not in power. Thou shall be forever Its beloved disciple.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3395 on: June 26, 2020, 03:11:18 AM »

'Do not permit yourself to be a spectacle for the gossip of others; do not allow your honor to be degraded. Do not associate with vain people. Avoid the bad; rebuff the indolent. Flee overmuch association with men, especially those who are more inclined to vice.'

St. Isidore of Seville

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3396 on: June 27, 2020, 04:26:39 AM »

'He who tests all things and "holds fast that which is good" (1 Thess. 5: 21) will in consequence refrain from all evil.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3397 on: June 28, 2020, 06:22:11 AM »

'O Lord, keep Thy hand this day over Philip, if Thou do not, Philip will betray Thee.'

St. Philip Neri, his morning prayer

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3398 on: June 29, 2020, 03:19:38 AM »

'I remember, when I was about seven or eight years old, twice during Holy Week, Jesus appeared to me covered with wounds, and telling me to be devout to His most holy passion, instantly disappeared. I wept bitterly, and every time that I heard speak of the torments and sufferings of Our Lord, I felt something at my heart; and everything that I undertook I offered up in honor of His passion. A desire came into my head of asking my confessor for some mortification, but I did not yield to it. Still I made sufferings for myself, but all without my confessor's leave; such as the discipline, walking on my bare knees, piercing myself with a pin, and beating myself with thistles. If I heard of the works of penance performed by others, I went to the image of my Saviour, and said, "Lord, if I had their instruments of mortification, I would do the same; but since I have them not, I offer Thee my desire." He has often let me know and remember that He made me (at that age) affectionate invitations. Thus, for example, when I had determined on taking some recreation, and could never find time to do so, I heard Jesus in my interior, asking me, "What dost thou seek, what dost thou desire? I am thy real contentment;" and I at once replied, "Lord, for Thy sake I will deprive myself of the pleasure which I sought." How these answered were uttered, I know not; but this I know, that I did make them. . . Sometimes, whilst I was gazing at the crucifix, Jesus spoke to my heart, and said, "I will be Thy guide and spouse;" and I stretched out my arms and exclaimed, "I will be Thy spouse, and no one shall move me from it. I promise it with all my heart; grant that I may never separate myself from Thee."'

St. Veronica Guiliani

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3399 on: June 30, 2020, 07:40:32 AM »

'Is there any one in the world who has invoked thee, O Mary, without having felt the benefit of thy protection, which is promised to those who invoke thy mercy?'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3400 on: July 01, 2020, 04:16:28 AM »

'O virgins, know you this, that while you retain your Virginity you are ever accompanied with Angels. Not so is it with her who is married, and is joined in matrimony. Knowest thou not that the merit of the virgin is said to be one hundred, and the merit of the married woman thirty, and of the widow sixty? Seest thou by how much the virgin doth exceed the other estates? O virgins be wise to maintain yourselves as you are; flee the sight of man!'

St. Bernardine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3401 on: July 02, 2020, 05:55:13 AM »

'Know that of all devotions the most pleasing to Mary is to have frequent recourse to her, asking for favors.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3402 on: July 03, 2020, 02:49:52 AM »

'Nothing is stronger than prayer in its action, nothing more effective in winning God's favor.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3403 on: July 04, 2020, 02:43:14 AM »

'According to St. Bonaventure, all the angels in heaven unceasingly call out to her: "Holy, holy, holy Mary, Virgin Mother of God." They greet her countless times each day with the angelic greeting, "Hail, Mary", while prostrating themselves before her, begging her as a favour to honour them with one of her requests. According to St. Augustine, even St. Michael, though prince of all the heavenly court, is the most eager of all the angels to honour her and lead others to honour her. At all times he awaits the privilege of going at her word to the aid of one of her servants.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3404 on: July 05, 2020, 02:40:19 AM »

'Would that I were all aflame with love! More than that: would that I could sing hymns of praise in the fire of love, and extol the marvellous mercies that uncreated love has bestowed on us! Is it not truly a duty to thank God for His gifts? Yes, doubtless, but I know not how. I wish to do so, and I know not how.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3405 on: July 06, 2020, 01:26:25 AM »

'It is as a general rule a bad sign when a man has not a particular feeling of devotion on the chief feasts of the year.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3406 on: July 06, 2020, 01:47:19 AM »

'We ought to employ ourselves in compassionating our loving Mother in Her grief over the sufferings of Her Son. In return, She will comfort and console us and at the hour of death, will show us Her sweet face and deliver us from all fear. She will take us under Her protecting mantle, and with the sword that transpierced Her most pure Heart, She will defend us against our enemy.'

St. Gabriel Possenti of the Sorrowful Mother

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3407 on: July 07, 2020, 02:42:32 AM »

'In order the better to gain souls, in visiting the sick, we ought to imagine that what we do for the sick man we are doing for Christ Himself; we shall thus perform this work of mercy with more love and greater spiritual profit.'

St. Philip Neri

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: