Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:36:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238305 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3424 on: July 23, 2020, 09:00:30 AM »

'Purity comes from Heaven; we must ask for it from God. If we ask for it, we shall obtain it. We must take great care not to lose it. We must shut our heart against pride, against sensuality, and all the other passions, as one shuts the doors and windows that nobody may be able to get in. What joy is it to the guardian angel to conduct a pure soul! My children, when a soul is pure, all Heaven looks upon it with love! Pure souls will form the circle round Our Lord. The more pure we have been on earth, the nearer we shall be to Him in Heaven. When the heart is pure, it cannot help loving, because it has found the source of love, which is God. "Happy," says Our Lord, "are the pure in heart, because they shall see God!

My children, we cannot comprehend the power that a pure soul has over the good God. It is not he who does the will of God, it is God who does his will.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3425 on: July 24, 2020, 02:12:43 AM »

'In scientific matters there is a manifest difference between the studious and the negligent man; now, this difference is the same regarding progress in virtue and victory over the weakness of our nature.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3426 on: July 25, 2020, 07:09:19 AM »

'There is more security in self-denial, mortification, and other like virtues, than in an abundance of tears.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3427 on: July 26, 2020, 11:48:04 AM »

'The sacred heart of Christ is an inexhaustible fountain and its sole desire is to pour itself out into the hearts of the humble so as to free them and prepare them to lead lives according to his good pleasure.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3428 on: July 28, 2020, 02:49:33 AM »

'Whenever we think of Christ we should recall the love that led him to bestow on us so many graces and favors, and also the great love God showed in giving us in Christ a pledge of his love; for love calls for love in return. Let us strive to keep this always before our eyes and to rouse ourselves to love him. For is at some time the Lord should grant us the grace of impressing his love on our hearts, all will become easy for us and we shall accomplish great things quickly and without effort.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3429 on: July 29, 2020, 07:34:04 AM »

'We do not say that marriage was not sanctified by Christ, since the Word of God says: 'The two shall become one flesh' and one spirit. But we are born before we are brought to our final goal, and the mystery of God's operation is more excellent than the remedy for human weakness. Quite rightly is a good wife praised, but a pious virgin is more rightly preferred.'

St. Ambrose of Milan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3430 on: July 30, 2020, 02:19:07 AM »

'Let us faithfully transmit to posterity the example of virtue which we have received from our forefathers.'

St. Peter Damian

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3431 on: August 01, 2020, 05:38:42 AM »

'And when he is come, he findeth it empty (Matt. xii. 43). Empty, since he finds there no charity, nor true faith, nor humility, nor patience, nor justice, nor mercy, nor any of the other things with which the souls of the saints are furnished. How does he find it? Swept and garnished: he finds it as he desires to find it. He finds it swept clean by evil brushes, and garnished with evil furnishings; evil brushes that sweep out the virtues, and leave the vices; evil brushes that scatter dust upon the floor, and do not sweep it out. It is lust, fornication, pleasure, pride, avarice, discord, and all uncleanness, which are the furnishings of the devil. With these adornments he finds it garnished.

Then he goeth and taketh with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and entering in they dwell there.'

St. Bruno

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3432 on: August 03, 2020, 06:06:48 AM »

'We must not be behind time in doing good; for death will not be behind his time.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3433 on: August 04, 2020, 10:02:08 PM »

'If a man desires something, he makes every effort to attain it. But of all things which are good and desirable the divine is incomparably the best and the most desirable. How assiduous, then, we should be in order to attain what is of its very nature good and desirable.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3434 on: August 05, 2020, 01:54:58 AM »

'If we die with him we shall live with him,
if we bear with him we shall reign with him,
if we deny him he will deny us,
if we believe not in him, he will remain faithful,
he cannot deny himself.'

2 Timothy 2:11-14

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3435 on: August 06, 2020, 01:05:24 AM »

'He who loves Jesus trains himself in suffering: perseverance in suffering dispels listlessness.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3436 on: August 07, 2020, 10:59:52 AM »

'Just as the light of the sun attracts a healthy eye, so through love knowledge of God naturally draws to itself the pure intellect.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3437 on: August 09, 2020, 01:03:30 AM »

'We must seek Christ where Christ is not, that is, in crosses and tribulations, in which truly He is not now, but we shall find Him in glory by this road.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3438 on: August 10, 2020, 01:16:27 AM »

'In beautiful things St. Francis saw Beauty itself, and through His vestiges imprinted on creation he followed his Beloved everywhere, making from all things a ladder by which he could climb up and embrace Him who is utterly desirable.'

St. Bonaventure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3439 on: August 11, 2020, 02:11:10 AM »

'. . . the heart of Mary became, as it were, a mirror of the Passion of the Son, in which might be seen, faithfully reflected, the spitting, the blows and wounds, and all that Jesus suffered.'

St. Lawrence Justinian

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: