Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:02:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 300 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1242175 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3440 on: August 12, 2020, 01:34:41 AM »

'Sanctorum vita ceteris norma vivendi est.'

'The life of the saints is the norm of living for others.'

St. Ambrose of Milan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3441 on: August 13, 2020, 06:10:39 AM »

'When God wishes, He becomes fire, burning up every coarse passion that has taken root in the soul. "For our God is a consuming fire" (Dt. 4:24; Heb. 12:29). When He wishes, He becomes an inexpressible and mysterious rest so that the soul may find rest in God's rest. When He wishes, he becomes joy and peace, cherishing and protecting the soul.'

St. Macarius the Great

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3442 on: August 14, 2020, 03:25:29 AM »

'Scruples ought to be most carefully avoided, as they disquiet the mind, and make a man melancholy.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3443 on: August 15, 2020, 06:02:01 AM »

'It is a good thing, during the week that follows our communion-day, to do something more than usual; for example, to say five Our Fathers and Hail Maries with our arms extended, or an extra rosary.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3444 on: August 16, 2020, 05:09:05 AM »

'The best remedy for dryness of spirit, is to picture ourselves as beggars in the presence of God and the Saints, and like a beggar, to go first to one saint, then to another, to ask a spiritual alms of them with the same earnestness as a poor fellow in the streets would ask an alms of us.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3445 on: August 18, 2020, 08:52:09 AM »

'Sometimes God leaves us for a long time unable to effect any good, that we may learn to humble ourselves, and never to glory in our efforts.'

St. Vincent Ferrer

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3446 on: August 19, 2020, 08:21:04 AM »

'Deny your desires and you will find what your heart longs for. For how do you know if any desire of yours is according to God?'

St. John of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3447 on: August 21, 2020, 01:09:01 AM »

'I will attempt day by day to break my will into pieces. I want to do God's Holy Will, not my own!'

St. Gabriel Possenti of the Sorrowful Mother

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3448 on: August 22, 2020, 03:11:22 AM »

'Since the light of spiritual knowledge is the intellect's life, and since this light is engendered by love for God, it is rightly said that nothing is greater than divine love (cf. 1 Cor. 13:13).'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3449 on: August 23, 2020, 03:28:28 AM »

'The more we are afflicted in this world, the greater is our assurance in the next; the more sorrow in the present, the greater will be our joy in the future.'

St. Isidore of Seville

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3450 on: August 24, 2020, 01:02:47 AM »

'The best way to prepare for death is to spend every day of life as though it were the last.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3451 on: August 25, 2020, 09:37:14 AM »

'Jacob made for Joseph a coat of many colors (cf. Gen. 37:3), and the Lord gives knowledge of truth to the gentle; as it is written, "He will teach the gentle His ways" (Ps. 25:9. LXX).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3452 on: August 26, 2020, 02:12:26 AM »

'No one can be ignorant of the fact that all the Fathers of the Catholic Church unanimously imposed the inviolable rule of continence on clerics in major orders. The Body of the Lord in the sacrament of the altar is the same as the one carried by the immaculate hands of the Virgin at Bethlehem. To be able to touch It, it is necessary to have pure hands, sanctified by perfect continence.'

St. Peter Damian

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3453 on: August 27, 2020, 04:18:49 AM »

'You should also know the following subterfuge of the demons: at times they divide themselves into groups. Some come with a temptation; and when you ask for help others come in the guise of angels and chase away the first, to make you believe that they are true angels, and fall into vainglory, through having been granted such a thing.'

St. Nilus of Sinai

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3454 on: August 28, 2020, 06:03:05 AM »

'The most evident mark of God's anger is the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world, is manifested when He permits his people to fall into the hands of clergy who are priests more in name than in deed. When God permits such things it is very positive proof that He is thoroughly angry with His people and is visiting His most dreadful anger on them. That is why He cries out unceasingly to Christians, return you rebellious Christians and I will give you pastors according to my own heart.'

St. Jean Eudes

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3455 on: August 29, 2020, 12:41:41 PM »

'The sanctity of a man lies in the breadth of three fingers, (the forehead) that is to say, in mortifying the understanding, which would fain reason upon things.'

St. Philip Neri

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 300 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: