Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:33:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233263 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3456 on: August 30, 2020, 10:54:04 AM »

'In recalling to mind the life and actions of the saints, walk in their footsteps as much as possible, and humble thyself if thou canst not attain to their perfection.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3457 on: August 31, 2020, 12:15:08 PM »

'We can't have full knowledge all at once. We must start by believing; then afterwards we may be led.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: September 01, 2020, 10:40:09 PM »

"Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that It is His Body?"
St. Cyril of Jerusalem
For we are His Body because we believe and Christ dwells in us and His grace empowers us to do what is right!

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Glory to Th
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3459 on: September 01, 2020, 11:16:12 PM »

'The love of God is a jealous love. One atom of irregular affection for creatures suffices to ruin everything.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3460 on: September 02, 2020, 02:00:40 AM »

'You must flee from sensual things. Truly every time a man comes close to a struggle with sensuality, he is like a man standing at the edge of a deep lake, and the Enemy throws him in whenever he likes. But if the man lives far from sensual things, he is like one who stands at a distance from the lake, so that even if the Enemy entices him in order to throw him to the bottom, God sends him help at the very moment that the Enemy is drawing him away and doing him violence.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3461 on: September 03, 2020, 01:36:18 AM »

'If any man love not Our Lord Jesus Christ, let him be anathama maranatha.'

1 Corinthians 16:22

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3462 on: September 04, 2020, 01:12:40 AM »

'And the king went in to see the guests: and he saw there a man who had not on a wedding garment. And he saith to him: Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? But he was silent. Then the king said to the waiters: Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the exterior darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called, but few are chosen.'

Matthew 22:11-14

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3463 on: September 05, 2020, 02:53:54 AM »

'In raising human nature to heaven by His ascension, Christ has given us the hope of arriving thither ourselves.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3464 on: September 06, 2020, 03:49:38 AM »

'Where there is no great mortification there is no great sanctity.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3465 on: September 07, 2020, 01:37:38 AM »

'Reflect that Job lost his possessions and his sons and his health: his wife remained to him for a perpetual scourge; and then, when God had tested his patience, He restored everything to him double, and at the end eternal life.'

St. Catherine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3466 on: September 08, 2020, 03:57:50 AM »

'The multitude who know nothing of continence live for the body, not for the spirit. But the body without spirit is "earth and ashes."'

St. Clement of Alexandria

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3467 on: September 09, 2020, 02:58:58 AM »

'To maintain a secular spirit under the habit of religion is apostasy at heart.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3468 on: September 10, 2020, 06:56:48 AM »

'He who toils unwillingly grows poor in every way, while he who presses ahead in hope is doubly rich.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3469 on: September 11, 2020, 03:16:32 AM »

'. . . he that shall drink of the water that I will give him, shall not thirst for ever: But the water that I will give him, shall become in him a fountain of water, springing up into life everlasting.'

John 4:13-14

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3470 on: September 12, 2020, 06:34:58 AM »

'When a man is out of the right way the more quickly and impetuously he advances, the more he errs.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3471 on: September 13, 2020, 06:27:38 AM »

'When you have been given faith, self-control is demanded from you; when self-control has become habitual, it rives birth to patient endurance, a disposition that gladly accepts suffering.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: