Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:42:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233149 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3472 on: September 14, 2020, 01:16:06 AM »

'He who wishes to find Jesus should seek Him, not in the delights and pleasures of the world, but in mortification of the senses.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3473 on: September 15, 2020, 01:08:03 AM »

'A quarter of an hour's meditation does more for a man who has conquered himself, than one of several hours for a man still unsubdued.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3474 on: September 16, 2020, 04:27:54 AM »

'The flesh revolts when prayer, frugality and blessed stillness are neglected.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: September 17, 2020, 12:08:22 AM »

'The flesh revolts when prayer, frugality and blessed stillness are neglected.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan
Very true,
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us sinners. Amen

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Glory to Th
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3476 on: September 17, 2020, 03:21:13 AM »

'He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name. Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.'

John 1:10-13

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3477 on: September 18, 2020, 10:40:58 AM »

'Our actions have a tongue of their own; they have an eloquence of their own, even when the tongue is silent. For deeds prove the lover more than words.'

St. Cyril of Jerusalem

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3478 on: September 19, 2020, 03:30:33 AM »

'And so it is incumbent upon us to strive, rather, to correct our faults and to improve our behavior. Without a doubt, once these have been set straight, we shall get along very well even with wild animals and beasts, to say nothing of human beings. This is in accordance with what is said in the book of blessed Job: "Wild beasts will be at peace with you." [Job 5:23] We shall not fear offenses coming from without, nor shall any stumbling blocks from outside be able to have an effect on us, if their roots have not been let in and planted within us. For "there is much peace for those who love your name, and for them there is no stumbling block." [Psalm 119:165]'

St. John Cassian

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3479 on: September 20, 2020, 04:41:38 AM »

'Resist impure images. . . Pure souls must be on guard and never doubt that chastity is incomparably finer than anything incompatible with it.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3480 on: September 21, 2020, 06:42:49 AM »

'Mind the things that are above, not the things that are upon the earth.

For you are dead; and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ shall appear, who is your life, then you also shall appear with him in glory.

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, lust, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is the service of idols.

Colossians 3:2-5

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3481 on: September 22, 2020, 08:51:11 AM »

'He who wishes to purify his faults purifies them with tears and he who wishes to acquire virtues, acquires them with tears.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3482 on: September 23, 2020, 08:03:56 AM »

'We should not dispute stubbornly with anyone; rather we should patiently give our reasons with the purpose of declaring the truth lest our neighbor remain in error, and not that we should have the upper hand.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3483 on: September 24, 2020, 01:04:09 AM »

'We put pride into everything like salt. We like to see that our good works are known. If our virtues are seen, we are pleased; if our faults are perceived, we are sad. I remark that in a great many people; if one says anything to them, it disturbs them, it annoys them. The saints were not like that -- they were vexed if their virtues were known, and pleased that their imperfections should be seen.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3484 on: September 25, 2020, 01:40:04 AM »

'Life without the cross would be unbearable. All happiness here below consists in being able to suffer.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3485 on: September 26, 2020, 02:43:53 AM »

'My brave man, do not be uneasy. I make no account of my life. I have placed it in the hands of God and His Blessed Mother.'

St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen, martyr

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3486 on: September 27, 2020, 03:11:31 AM »

'The servants of Mary who are in Purgatory receive visits and consolations from her.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3487 on: September 28, 2020, 03:51:12 AM »

'Fear not O mother of the children, because I have chosen thee, saith our Lord.

I will send thee aid, my servants I say, and Jeremie, at whose counsel I have sanctified, and prepared for thee twelve trees laden with diverse fruits, and as many fountains flowing milk and honey: and seven huge mountains, having the rose and the lily, in the which I will fill thy children with joy.'

4 Esdras 2:17-19

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: