Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 07, 2021, 06:30:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 229 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 824858 times)
Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: December 08, 2020, 12:28:43 PM »

"Father Bernardine de Bustis relates that a hawk darted upon a bird which had been taught to say Ave Maria; the bird said Ave Maria, and the hawk fell dead.
By this our Lord wished to show us, that if an irrational bird was saved from such destruction by invoking Mary, how much more surely will he be prevented from falling into the powers of evil spirits, who is mindful to invoke Mary in temptation!"
Saint Alphonsus Liguori from the Glories of Mary Chapter 2 "Our Life, Our Sweetness"

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3569 on: December 08, 2020, 02:47:25 PM »

'Perfection of life consists in drawing close to God. Heaven is the possession of God. In heaven God is contemplated, adored, loved. But to attain heaven it's necessary to be detached from what is earthly. What is the life of a Carmelite if not one of contemplating, adoring and loving God incessantly? And she, by being desirous for that heaven, distances herself from the world and tries to detach herself as much as possible from everything earthly.'

St. Teresa of the Andes

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3570 on: December 08, 2020, 02:48:58 PM »

'By the Angelic Salutation God became man, a virgin became the Mother of God, the souls of the just were delivered from Limbo, the empty thrones in heaven have been filled, sin has been pardoned, grace been given to us, the sick been made well, the dead brought back to life, exiles brought home, the Blessed Trinity has been appeased, and men obtained eternal life.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3571 on: December 09, 2020, 04:00:47 PM »

'The hermits of old, those great servants of God, communicated rarely; but because they prepared themselves carefully they received such special graces that, in a short time, they arrived at perfection.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3572 on: December 10, 2020, 05:13:35 AM »

'My only desire would be to remain in silence, or else to speak only of God, for in this my heart takes so great a delight that it can never tire of so doing.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3573 on: December 11, 2020, 05:33:29 AM »

Conformity to the will of God is an easy and certain means of acquiring a great treasure of graces in this life.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3574 on: December 12, 2020, 03:12:43 AM »

'He who has tasted the things for which he hopes will spurn the things of this world: all his longing will be spent on what he hopes for.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3575 on: December 13, 2020, 02:27:44 AM »

'The upright intention is the soul of our actions. It gives them life and makes them good.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3576 on: December 14, 2020, 04:11:32 PM »

'There is nothing more displeasing to God, than our being inflated with self-esteem.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3577 on: December 15, 2020, 06:31:22 AM »

'Jesus is born poor in a stable; the angels of heaven in deed acknowledge him, but men abandon and forsake him on earth. Only a few shepherds come and pay him homage. But our Redeemer was desirous of communicating to us the grace of his redemption, and begins therefore to manifest himself to the Gentiles, who knew him least. Therefore he sends a star to enlighten the holy Magi, in order that they may come and acknowledge and adore their Saviour. This was the first and sovereign grace bestowed upon us, our vocation to the faith; which was succeeded by our vocation to grace, of which men were deprived.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3578 on: December 16, 2020, 12:23:28 AM »

'You know that virtue is not practiced without effort, but for one moment of suffering there follows an eternity of reward.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3579 on: December 17, 2020, 08:49:14 AM »

'Often say short prayers, but always with your whole heart. I will point out some to you: "Ah! my God, would that I never offended Thee! Ah! my Sovereign Good, wound, wound my heart with Thy holy love! He that loves Thee not, O my God! knows Thee not! When will my soul be filled with Thy divine charity!"'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3580 on: December 18, 2020, 06:15:02 PM »

'"But I say to you, do not resist evil; but if someone hits you on the right cheek, turn to him the other cheek as well. And if anyone sues you in the courts, and takes away your coat, let him have your cloak also. And if anyone forces you to go a mile, go with him for two miles" (Matt. 5:39-41). Why did He say this? Both to keep you free from anger and irritation, and to correct the other person by means of your forbearance, so that like a good Father He might bring the two of you under the yoke of love.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3581 on: December 20, 2020, 12:37:46 PM »

'I resolve to force myself to pay close attention to minor details and as far as possible avoid every imperfection. I resolve to observe the holy rule faithfully and not to depart from it a hairsbreadth, come what may.'

St. Conrad of Parzham, resolutions in the novitiate

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3582 on: December 21, 2020, 09:39:22 AM »

'Each of our days is marked with the protection of Mary, who is exceedingly anxious to be our Mother, when we desire to be her children.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3583 on: December 22, 2020, 01:49:28 AM »

'Let the earth be silent before the great God. I repeat it: I would fain say many things, but I feel as one dumb.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 229 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: