Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233134 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3600 on: January 06, 2021, 06:22:46 AM »

'When we feel our cross weighing upon us, let us have recourse to Mary, whom the Church calls the "Consoler of the Afflicted."'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3601 on: January 07, 2021, 04:07:40 AM »

'O Lord, my God, who will seek You with simple and pure love and not find You are All he desires. . .'

St. John of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3602 on: January 07, 2021, 05:12:20 AM »

'Good things and evil, life and death, poverty and riches, are from God.'

Ecclesiasticus 11:13

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3603 on: January 08, 2021, 03:24:30 AM »

'A seed will not grow without earth and water; and a man will not develop without voluntary suffering and divine help.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3604 on: January 09, 2021, 02:35:35 AM »

'Every day at nightfall, before sleep comes upon you, excite the judgment of your conscience, demand an account from it, and whatever evil counsels you may have taken during the day . . . pierce them, tear them to pieces, and do penance for them.'

St. John Chrysostom

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3605 on: January 10, 2021, 03:14:54 AM »

'Let us love the Sacred Heart upon the Cross, since It delights to find in a heart love, silence and suffering.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3606 on: January 11, 2021, 03:18:52 AM »

'I had a father and mother, who were devout and feared God.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3607 on: January 12, 2021, 04:39:02 AM »

'I also recommend to you holy modesty at all times and in all places, because we are always in the presence of God, Who is everywhere.'

St. Paul of the Cross

eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: January 12, 2021, 12:55:14 PM »

I am very pleased and grateful that you can keep posting through this trial.  May you be strengthened and encouraged.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3609 on: January 13, 2021, 03:55:19 PM »

Deo gratias et Mariae semper virgini. Thanks be to God and Mary Ever Virgin, for all their gifts.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3610 on: January 13, 2021, 03:55:48 PM »

'We must seek Christ where Christ is not, that is, in crosses and tribulations, in which truly He is not now, but we shall find Him in glory by this road.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3611 on: January 14, 2021, 10:25:40 AM »

'Every one ought to give in readily to the opinion of another, and to argue in favour of another and against himself, and take things in good part.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3612 on: January 15, 2021, 09:45:37 AM »

'A big ship is harder to steer than a small one, and where you have many heads, you have many brains, and it is not easy to get them all to think alike.'

St. Bonaventure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3613 on: January 17, 2021, 08:15:36 AM »

'The kingdom of God is within you. Reanimate your faith often when you study, work, or eat; when you retire to rest, or rise in the morning. Make some loving aspirations to God, such as: "O Infinite Goodness!" or other prayer, and let your soul be penetrated by these pious sentiments as by a precious balm. This great God is nearer to you, so to speak, than you are to yourself.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3614 on: January 19, 2021, 07:54:40 AM »

'Love alone harmoniously joins all created things with God and with each other.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3615 on: January 19, 2021, 07:55:40 AM »

'Do not neglect the practice of the virtues and your intellect will be illumined; for it is written, "I will open for you invisible secret treasures" (Isa. 45:3. LXX).'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: