Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2021, 01:56:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 235 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 843141 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3664 on: March 14, 2021, 08:49:33 AM »

'Since God wishes it - there is nothing to be done. . . Why should you thus torment yourself? Get rid of whatever He shows you to be an obstacle to His love, for His only desire is that you should live stripped of all that is not Himself.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3665 on: March 15, 2021, 12:43:27 AM »

'Let us highly esteem devotion to the Blessed Virgin, and let us lose no opportunity of inspiring others with it.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3666 on: March 16, 2021, 12:59:17 AM »

'God is so good that He allows us to appropriate this treasure of the really poor -- the Sacred Heart of Jesus -- the heavenly plenitude of Which can most fully supply for what is lacking to us.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3667 on: March 17, 2021, 09:58:16 AM »

'I resolve to cultivate a deep devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and strive to imitate her virtues. '

St. Conrad of Parzham, resolutions in the novitiate

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3668 on: March 18, 2021, 12:05:57 AM »

'Abide in my love.'

John 15:9

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3669 on: March 20, 2021, 01:47:42 AM »

'When the object of our love is infinite we can always love more and more.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3670 on: March 21, 2021, 06:48:31 AM »

'Every virtue in your soul is a precious ornament which makes you dear to God and to man. But holy purity, the queen of virtues, the angelic virtue, is a jewel so precious that those who possess it become like the angels of God in Heaven, even though clothed in mortal flesh.'

St. John Bosco

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3671 on: March 22, 2021, 12:37:04 AM »

'We should only make use of life to grow in the love of God.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3672 on: March 23, 2021, 04:41:07 AM »

'Whence we preach nothing except what we have received from our forefathers. In all things, therefore, both in the rule of faith in the observance of discipline, let the pattern of antiquity be observed.'

Pope St. Leo the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3673 on: March 24, 2021, 06:37:14 AM »

'When I go to the chapel, I put myself before the good God and say to Him, "Lord, here I am, give me what You wish." If He gives me something, I am happy and I thank Him. If He gives me nothing, I thank Him still, because I do not deserve anything more. Then I tell Him all that comes into my mind. I tell Him my sorrows and my joys - and I listen.'

St. Catherine Laboure

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3674 on: March 25, 2021, 04:37:54 AM »

'Let young men be cheerful, and indulge in the recreations proper to their age, provided they keep out of the way of sin.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3675 on: March 26, 2021, 03:11:12 AM »

'From this valley of tears, turn your gaze continually to God, ever awaiting the moment when you will be united to Him in heaven. Often contemplate heaven, and fervently exclaim: What a beautiful abode there is above! It is destined for us! Sigh longingly after its possession. Sometimes say, while your eyes are moist with tears: Nothing in this world pleases me; I no longer care for anything but my God. Yes, I hope, yes, I wish to possess Him, and I hope this of the mercy of God, through the merits of my Saviour's Passion and the dolors of my good Mother Mary.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3676 on: March 27, 2021, 06:00:04 AM »

'It will be a great consolation for us at the hour of death to know that we are to be judged by Him whom we have loved above all things during life.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3677 on: March 28, 2021, 06:55:51 AM »

'Poverty, so much abhorred by the world, is a precious pearl, and in the sight of God contains all wealth.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3678 on: March 29, 2021, 02:35:35 AM »

'Thou wast created for the glory of thy Creator, that, making His praises thy employment, thou mightest ever advance towards Him by the merit of justice in this life, and mightest live happily in the world to come.'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3679 on: March 30, 2021, 05:56:07 AM »

'Will not God, who has commanded men to act thus, do as much himself and even more? For God commanded Peter to forgive till seventy times seven.'

St. Poemen

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 235 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: