Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 11, 2021, 08:34:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 831068 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3680 on: March 31, 2021, 01:59:36 PM »

'Lord! what do I desire or what can I desire but Thee?'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3681 on: April 02, 2021, 03:00:00 AM »

'O souls! seek a refuge, like pure doves, in the shadow of the crucifix.

There mourn the Passion of your divine Spouse, and drawing from your hearts flames of love and rivers of tears, make of them a precious balm with which to anoint the wounds of your Saviour.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3682 on: April 04, 2021, 12:52:31 AM »

'Brethren and fathers, Lent is already galloping past and the soul rejoices at the imminence of Easter, because by it it finds rest and is relieved of many toils. Why did this thought sound for me in advance? Because it is as if our whole life directs its reason contemplating the eternal Easter. For this present Easter, even though it is great and revered, is nevertheless, as our fathers explain, only a type of that Easter to come.

For this Easter is for one day and it passes, while that Easter has no successor. From it pain, grief and sighing have fled away; there everlasting joy, gladness and rejoicing; there the sound of those who feast, a choir of those who keep festival and contemplation of eternal light; where there is the blessed breakfast of Christ and the new drink of which Christ spoke, I shall not drink of the fruit of this vine, until I drink it with you new in the kingdom of my Father. Of this he spoke to his disciples when he was about to ascend to heaven, I am going to prepare a place for you and, if I go, I will prepare a place for you. I am coming again and I will take you to myself, so that where I am you maybe also. And where I am going you know, and the way you know. And a little further on, On that day you will know that I am in the Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. And elsewhere, Father, I wish that where I am they may be with me also, so that they may see my glory, which you gave me, because you loved from before the foundation of the world. But because this concerns not only the Apostles, but also ourselves, he also said, I do not ask this only for them, but also for those who through their word believe in me, so that all may be one, as you, Father, are in me and I am in you, that they may also be one in us.

What could be more comforting than these words? What could be more appealing? What soul can they not soften? What heart not prick with compunction, even should someone say that the human heart is a nature of stone? With thoughts like these the saints bore all that they bore, considering afflictions as joys, constraints as freedoms, struggles as delights, harsh training as relaxation, deaths as lives.'

St. Theodore the Studite

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3683 on: April 05, 2021, 02:44:55 AM »

'O Immaculate Mary! O glorious Saint Joseph! And you, Saint John, beloved disciple of the Divine Heart, teach me the great science of love! May it draw me powerfully! May I soar at last, may I take flight and hasten to lose myself, unite myself and disappear with you in the adorable heart of Jesus, and Jesus Crucified, the divine heart of Charity, purity, self-denial and perfect submission.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3684 on: April 07, 2021, 01:37:59 PM »

'Are you making no progress in prayer? Then you need only offer God the prayers which the Savior has poured out for us in the sacrament of the altar. Offer God his fervent love in reparation for your sluggishness. In the course of every activity pray as follows: "My God, I do this or I endure that in the heart of your Son and according to his holy counsels. I offer it to you in reparation for anything blameworthy or imperfect in my actions." Continue to do this in every circumstance of life.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3685 on: April 08, 2021, 05:50:29 AM »

'I looked at Thy Cross, O Christ, and read there the song of Thy Love!'

St. John of the Cross

eschator83

View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: April 08, 2021, 07:43:18 AM »

I think the song of thy Love is one of the very best quotes.  Many thanks.  I pray you are finding some comfort, answers, and improvement.
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3687 on: April 09, 2021, 12:01:38 PM »

'One or two loving words may cause the soul to become enraptured, languishing, fainting of love and sorrow.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3688 on: Yesterday at 06:31:01 PM »

'This is the thought He wishes me to dwell upon:
"The cross do I glory to bear,
And love to it leadeth me e'er;
Love divine my entire being doth own,
And for me, love sufficeth alone."'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: