Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2021, 12:49:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 843108 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3696 on: April 18, 2021, 01:31:17 AM »

'The love of God inspires the love of our neighbor, and the love of our neighbor serves to keep alive the love of God.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3697 on: April 19, 2021, 12:11:28 AM »

'It is well to choose some one good devotion, and to stick to it, and never to abandon it.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3698 on: April 20, 2021, 10:22:36 PM »

'If you practice the holy exercise of Spiritual Communion a good many times each day, within a month you will see yourself completely changed.'

St. Leonard of Port Maurice

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3699 on: April 21, 2021, 10:08:46 PM »

'Well and good if all things change, Lord God, provided we are rooted in You.'

St. John of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3700 on: April 22, 2021, 02:24:27 AM »

'Keep your soul always in peace, with love and trust in our Lord, and -- I repeat -- remember what you have promised Him, that is to say, undivided love, persevering humility and generous mortification. This is what you owe to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3701 on: April 23, 2021, 01:10:04 AM »

'I love so much a soul's desire to receive Me, that I hasten to it each time it summons Me by its yearnings.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3702 on: April 23, 2021, 04:16:08 PM »

'The blessedness of seeing God is justly promised to the pure of heart. For the eye that is unclean would not be able to see the brightness of the true light, and what would be happiness to clear minds would be a torment to those that are defiled. Therefore, let the mists of worldly vanities be dispelled, and the inner eye be cleansed of all the filth of wickedness, so that the soul's gaze may feast serenely upon the great vision of God.'

Pope St. Leo the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3703 on: April 24, 2021, 12:34:51 AM »

'The trees which are planted on the river's bank absorb the moisture without changing their place; so, when the soul receives the impress of divine favors, she ought to remain immovably fixed in God, the Supreme Giver, because there is great danger of illusion in dwelling on the gifts and the sweetness thereof.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3704 on: April 25, 2021, 02:51:30 AM »

'He who has succeeded in attaining the virtues and is enriched with spiritual knowledge sees things clearly in their true nature.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3705 on: April 26, 2021, 10:30:24 AM »

'O souls! seek a refuge, like pure doves, in the shadow of the crucifix. There mourn the Passion of your divine Spouse, and drawing from your hearts flames of love and rivers of tears, make of them a precious balm with which to anoint the wounds of your Saviour.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3706 on: April 27, 2021, 12:06:40 AM »

'Brothers, you must know that the most ancient belief is the Law of God, and that we all bear it written in our hearts; that it can be learned without any teacher, and that it suffices to have the light of reason in order to know all the precepts of that Law.'

St. Leonard of Port Maurice

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3707 on: April 28, 2021, 12:12:24 AM »

'Help me, O just and merciful God, for I seek Thy light.'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3708 on: April 28, 2021, 12:15:33 AM »

'Have great confidence in God and never distrust His mercy, which infinitely surpasses all our misery.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3709 on: April 29, 2021, 12:05:29 AM »

'When the intellect through rejection of the passions attains to unwavering hope, then the enemy makes it visualize its past sins on the pretext of confessing them to God. Thus he tries to rekindle passions which by God's grace have been forgotten, and so secretly to inflict injury. Then, even though someone is illumined and hates the passions, he will inevitably be filled with darkness and confusion at the memory of what he has done. But if he is still befogged and self-indulgent, he will certainly dally with the enemy's provocations and entertain them under the influence of passion, so that this re-collection will prove to be a prepossession and not a confession.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3710 on: April 30, 2021, 02:08:27 AM »

'I have noticed that all persons who have true devotion to St. Joseph and tender him special honor, are very much advanced in virtue, for he takes great care of souls who recommend themselves to him; and I have never asked of him anything which he did not obtain for me.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3711 on: May 02, 2021, 04:24:05 AM »

'I beg of you to appreciate the great favor which is accorded you in being always of a contrite and humble heart.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: