Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:36:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233113 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3744 on: June 09, 2021, 02:53:19 PM »

'The greater the charity of the saints, in their heavenly home, the more they intercede for those who are still on their journey and the more they can help them by their prayers; the more they are united with God, the more effective those prayers are. This is in accordance with divine order, which makes higher things react upon lower things, like the brightness of the sun filling the atmosphere.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3745 on: June 10, 2021, 06:07:43 AM »

'Have great diffidence of yourself. "Without Me," your Saviour tells you, "you can do nothing." (John xv. 5.) And the apostle St. James: "Every perfect gift is from above." (James i. 17)'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3746 on: June 12, 2021, 02:43:10 AM »

'If a man has sinned and denies it, saying, "I have not sinned," do not reprimand him or that will discourage him. But say to him, "Do not lose heart, brother, but be on guard in the future." and you will stir his soul to repentance.'

St. Poemen

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3747 on: June 13, 2021, 01:59:47 AM »

'. . . ofttimes a single word that thou hearest may be the beginning of thy salvation.'

St. Bernardine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3748 on: June 14, 2021, 06:45:11 AM »

'If you wish to acquire the gift of prayer, you must humbly persevere in mortifying your senses. . . I especially advise you to be very faithful to holy recollection, mortifying your eyes, your tongue and your ears, but cutting off all vain curiosity, which is often the cause of the distractions which beset you in your [spiritual] exercises.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3749 on: June 15, 2021, 11:58:42 AM »

'Always give the preference to actions which appear to you the most agreeable to God, and most contrary to self-love.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3750 on: June 16, 2021, 04:39:42 AM »

'Suppose that the whole horizon, as far as you can see from this mountain, were a sea of fire; if we cast into it a bit of oakum, it will disappear in an instant. So, when you have committed a fault, humble yourself before God, and cast your fault into the infinite ocean of charity, and at once it will be effaced from your soul; at the same time all distrust will disappear.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3751 on: June 17, 2021, 02:46:40 AM »

'As by nature the soul gives life to the body, so virtue and spiritual knowledge give life to the soul.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3752 on: June 18, 2021, 12:05:29 PM »

'Fasting fortifies the spirit, mortifying the flesh and its sensuality; it raises the spirit to God; it fights concupiscence and gives power to conquer and deaden its passions; in short, it disposes the heart to seek to please only God with great purity of heart.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3753 on: June 19, 2021, 02:59:54 PM »

'Our Lady, deign to intercede for us sinners with thy divine Son, our Lord, and obtain of Him a blessing for us in our trials and tribulations!'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3754 on: June 20, 2021, 05:45:52 AM »

'. . . when Our Lord desires to draw some creature to knowledge of the truth [1 Tim. 2:4] He always reveals its beauty to him.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3755 on: June 22, 2021, 06:44:51 PM »

'Cease rebuking a man who has stopped sinning and who has repented. If you say that you are rebuking him in God's name, first reveal the evils in yourself.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3756 on: June 23, 2021, 06:05:03 AM »

'Do not neglect the practice of the virtues; if you do, your spiritual knowledge will decrease, and when famine occurs you will go down into Egypt (cf. Gen. 41:57; 46:6).'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3757 on: June 24, 2021, 06:21:20 AM »

'It is absolutely necessary, both for our advancement and the salvation of others, to follow always and in all things the beautiful light of faith.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3758 on: June 26, 2021, 04:16:51 PM »

'We must practice modesty, not only in our looks, but also in our whole deportment, and particularly in our dress, our walk, our conversation, and all similar actions.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: June 26, 2021, 04:45:53 PM »

"The light of faith is unique, since it is capable of illuminating every aspect of human existence. A light this powerful cannot come from ourselves but from a more primordial source: in a word, it must come from God. Faith is born of an encounter with the living God who calls us and reveals his love, a love which precedes us and upon which we can lean for security and for building our lives. Transformed by this love, we gain fresh vision, new eyes to see; we realize that it contains a great promise of fulfilment, and that a vision of the future opens up before us. Faith, received from God as a supernatural gift, becomes a light for our way, guiding our journey through time. On the one hand, it is a light coming from the past, the light of the foundational memory of the life of Jesus which revealed his perfectly trustworthy love, a love capable of triumphing over death. Yet since Christ has risen and draws us beyond death, faith is also a light coming from the future and opening before us vast horizons which guide us beyond our isolated selves towards the breadth of communion. We come to see that faith does not dwell in shadow and gloom; it is a light for our darkness. Dante, in the Divine Comedy, after professing his faith to Saint Peter, describes that light as a "spark, which then becomes a burning flame and like a heavenly star within me glimmers". It is this light of faith that I would now like to consider, so that it can grow and enlighten the present, becoming a star to brighten the horizon of our journey at a time when mankind is particularly in need of light."
Source Encyclical Letter Lumen Fidei of the supreme Pontiff Francis  to the Bishops, Priests, and Deacons, Consecrated Persons and the lay Faithful On Faith Paragraph 4 Excerpt

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Glory to Th
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: