Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:00:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1232710 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3760 on: June 27, 2021, 10:36:44 AM »

'By the love and respect we owe to Jesus Christ our Lord, I beg of you to begin without delay to amend your lives with the greatest care, so that at the last day, when it will be necessary to give an exact account of them, you will be found worthy.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3761 on: June 27, 2021, 07:54:09 PM »

'May the will of God be done, may the Lord be forever blessed. I wish neither more nor less than the will and the good pleasure of God, whether in time or in eternity; I can will only that which my God wills.'

St. Paul of the Cross

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3762 on: June 28, 2021, 11:59:53 PM »

'A virtuous soul cultivates good thoughts; a soul full of evil breeds thoughts of depravity.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3763 on: June 30, 2021, 01:26:05 PM »

'Lord, how sweet is Thy Spirit! "I know whom I have believed, and I am certain." (2 Tim. 1:12.) I am certain that Thou art in the tabernacle. What happiness to remain during the most silent hours at the foot of the altar! Oh, who will give me the wings of a dove, that I may take my flight of love towards Thy divine Heart?'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3764 on: July 01, 2021, 02:17:25 PM »

'Where is the father who, holding a beloved son in his arms, would let him fall to the earth? And if an earthly father would not act thus, much less would a God of infinite love. We must have courage in His service.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3765 on: July 02, 2021, 09:53:50 PM »

'When your poor, restless heart turns by the grace of God towards the divine light, and conceives a wish to fly thither and be consumed therein, speak to God with profound reverence and gratitude of the wonders He did in becoming incarnate, suffering and dying for us.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3766 on: July 03, 2021, 03:08:45 AM »

'More and more did the love of God, and my fear of him and faith increase, and my spirit was moved so that in a day -- from one up to a hundred prayers, and in the night a like number; besides I used to stay out in the forests and on the mountain and I would wake up before daylight to pray in the snow, in icy coldness, in rain, and I used to feel neither ill nor any slothfulness, because, as I now see, the Spirit was burning in me at that time.'

St. Patrick

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3767 on: July 04, 2021, 09:09:52 AM »

'He who labors as he prays lifts his heart to God with his hands.'

St. Benedict

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3768 on: July 05, 2021, 03:22:03 PM »

'We should only make use of life to grow in the love of God.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3769 on: July 06, 2021, 04:06:03 AM »

'If in times of dryness in prayer we make acts of humility, self-knowledge, protestations of our own inability to help ourselves, and petitions for God's assistance, all this is real and substantial prayer.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3770 on: July 07, 2021, 01:29:20 AM »

'Do not stop praying as long as, by God's grace, the fire and the water [i.e. fervor and tears] have not been exhausted, for it may happen that never again in your whole life will you have such a chance to ask for the forgiveness for your sins.'

St. John Climacus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3771 on: July 08, 2021, 04:20:00 AM »

'The grace of the Holy Ghost be ever with you. Amen.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3772 on: July 09, 2021, 01:54:46 AM »

'For all flesh is as grass; and all the glory thereof as the flower of grass. The grass is withered, and the flower thereof is fallen away. But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel hath been preached unto you.'

1 Peter 1:24-25

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3773 on: July 10, 2021, 04:22:19 AM »

'From this divine heart three streams flow endlessly. The first is the stream of mercy for sinners; it pours into their hearts sentiments of contrition and repentance. The second is the stream of charity which helps all in need and especially aids those seeking perfection in order to find the means of surmounting their difficulties. From the third stream flow love and light for the benefit of his friends who have attained perfection; these he wishes to unit to himself so that they may share his knowledge and commandments and, in their individual ways, devote themselves wholly to advancing his glory.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3774 on: July 11, 2021, 02:09:50 AM »

'That which we suffer in the accomplishment of a good work, merits for us the necessary graces to insure its success.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3775 on: July 12, 2021, 03:44:19 AM »

'The Mass is the most beautiful and the best thing in the Church. At the Mass, Jesus Christ giveth Himself to us by means of the Most Holy Sacrament of the altar, which is the end and the purpose of all the other Sacraments.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: