Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:00:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238248 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3872 on: October 12, 2021, 06:29:26 PM »

'If you understand what is said in a mystical sense by St Paul, that "we wrestle . . . against spiritual wickedness" (Eph. 6:12), you will also understand the parable of the Lord, which He spoke "to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to lose heart" (Luke 18:1).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3873 on: October 13, 2021, 05:56:46 AM »

'Prayer is the only channel through which God's great graces and favors may flow into the soul; and if this be once closed, I know no other way He can communicate them.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3874 on: October 14, 2021, 01:43:38 AM »

'Enter into your heart and learn to value yourself at your proper worth. Discuss with yourself what you are, what you were, what you ought to be, and what you can be. Note what you were originally, what you are now through your own fault, what on the contrary good efforts ought to have made you, and what you still may be by correspondence with grace.'

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3875 on: October 15, 2021, 02:56:02 PM »

'In a state of grace the soul is like a well of limpid water, from which flow only streams of clearest crystal. Its works are pleasing both to God and man, rising from the River of Life, beside which it is rooted like a tree.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3876 on: October 16, 2021, 01:00:36 AM »

'Those whose circumstances in the world would have assured them an ample fortune, labor in religion with the greater success in promoting the glory of God.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3877 on: October 17, 2021, 07:30:22 AM »

'I am very glad that Our Lord inspired you at prayer to view your misery in the great mercy of the Sacred Heart. Beg of Him earnestly to show His mercy to you and to all sinners.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3878 on: October 18, 2021, 11:44:35 AM »

'Everything comes from love, all is ordained for the salvation of man, God does nothing without this goal in mind.'

St. Catherine of Siena

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3879 on: October 19, 2021, 04:08:24 PM »

'We should honor God in His saints, and beseech Him to make us partakers of the graces He poured so abundantly upon them.'

St. Vincent de Paul

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3880 on: October 20, 2021, 05:25:00 PM »

'Maintain a regular level of ascetic practice and do not break your rule unless forced to do so.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3881 on: October 21, 2021, 10:00:37 AM »

'The Holy Eucharist very often invigorates and strengthens even the body. O infinite mercy of our sovereign Good! this marvellous effect proceeds from the great vigor which the bread of angels communicates to the soul, and which reacts on the body.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3882 on: October 22, 2021, 09:43:39 AM »

'They who are engaged with the salvation of their neighbor, will gain more by an humble modesty than by an authoritative manner, and will gain victory sooner in retreat than in combat.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3883 on: October 23, 2021, 05:06:59 PM »

'Let us pray God, if He gives us any virtue or any gift, to keep it hidden even from ourselves, that we may preserve our humility, and not take occasion of pride because of it.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3884 on: October 24, 2021, 11:22:44 AM »

'Tear me with iron hooks, and talk not of my sacrificing to your devils: I have already told you, that I will sacrifice to that God alone for whom I suffer.'

St. Peter Balsam

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3885 on: October 25, 2021, 01:05:12 AM »

'Take care, you who are listening to this. Flee the destructive places and ways of sin. Govern your sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch, your food, drink and sleep, that you may keep from being overwhelmed by the tempest of the passions. This is worth remembering: someone who sails across the physical sea is subject to storms and tempests without their wanting it, while someone who crosses the water of the mind is lord of tempest and of calm. For if they manfully shake off unseemly thoughts, they are filled with calm, having the Holy Spirit as the companion of their voyage, as it is related of St. Arsenios. But one whose senses are unbridled and who lets in desires like streams, stirs up a most dreadful storm for themselves. Unless the person does not swiftly smooth out their tempestuous thoughts, will end by repeating those miserable words, I entered the depths of the sea, and a tempest drowned me [Psalm 68,3]. Therefore let reason be in control, and let the better not be dragged down by the worse, but let the spirit be master and act for the better.'

St. Theodore the Studite

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3886 on: October 26, 2021, 03:52:25 AM »

'Our Blessed Lady is the dispenser of all the favours which the goodness of God concedes to the Sons of Adam.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3887 on: October 27, 2021, 03:38:28 AM »

'Rightly motivated, the intellect will find the truth; but motivated by passion it will miss the mark.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: