Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:01:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233127 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3888 on: October 28, 2021, 04:08:56 PM »

'Abandon everything to My good pleasure and let Me accomplish My designs; do not thou interfere in anything, for I will take care of all.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3889 on: October 29, 2021, 02:50:07 AM »

'Blessed stillness gives birth to blessed children: self-control, love and pure prayer.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3890 on: October 30, 2021, 02:38:07 AM »

'When I commit any faults, after having punished myself for them by penance, I will offer to the Eternal Father one of the virtues of the divine Heart, in order to repair the outrages of which I have been guilty, and thus little by little pay my debt.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3891 on: October 31, 2021, 01:13:21 AM »

'When I placed before Him my humble petitions regarding those things that seem difficult to obtain (concerning the devotion to the Sacred Heart), I seemed to hear these words: "Dost thou believe that I can do this? If thou dost believe thou shall behold the omnipotence of My Heart in the magnificence of My love." As I watch its steady progress I hear those other words: "Did I not indeed tell thee, that if thou couldst believe, thou shouldst see thy desires accomplished?"'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3892 on: November 01, 2021, 05:38:29 AM »

'In all your acts, in all your works, in all your behavior, imitate the good; be a competitor of the saints, keep your eye on the heroism of the martyrs, follow the example of the just. It is my wish that the life and teachings of the saints be for you an encouragement to virtue.'

St. Isidore of Seville

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3893 on: November 02, 2021, 01:51:09 AM »

'Do you not understand that your prayers and your grief can draw souls from Purgatory? What they have not had the chance to suffer themselves, so as to purge themselves here below, you will suffer in their stead; you will substitute yourself for them and finish what they could not end. You will pay your grief in ransom, and the more sharp your pain, the sooner will the debt of her you loved be paid.

Who knows, indeed, if the Lord, touched by the goodwill and supplications of a husband, will not give credit to the wife on the capital of his mourning and yield her deliverance at once?'

St. Lydwine of Schiedam

'May you no longer have any liberty except to love Him. May no other light illumine your soul, no other aim absorb your heart than that of His pure love which keeps Him a prisoner in the Blessed Sacrament. You will ask Him, through the merits of this captivity, to set free His poor prisoners in Purgatory.'

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3894 on: November 03, 2021, 05:27:00 AM »

'Prayer is to our soul what rain is to the soil. Fertilize the soil ever so richly, it will remain barren unless fed by frequent rains.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3895 on: November 04, 2021, 06:52:57 AM »

'You should not pay so much attention to or dwell on certain gifts, but rather go to the Divine Source whence they proceed.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3896 on: November 05, 2021, 02:57:23 AM »

'I will remember those who have confidence in thy prayers, so that thou mayest be entirely occupied and taken up with My love.'

The Lord, to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3897 on: November 06, 2021, 04:56:03 AM »

'The law of freedom teaches the whole truth. Many read about it in a theoretical way, but few really understand it, and these only in the degree to which they practice the commandments.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

This is a memorable quote for me -- it is not enough merely to read the writings of the saints.. to understand the truth you must follow the commandments and follow their advice.

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3898 on: November 07, 2021, 03:22:04 AM »

'To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty.'

St. Justin Martyr

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3899 on: November 08, 2021, 10:11:59 AM »

'He who seeks the energies of the Spirit, before he has actively observed the commandments, is like someone who sells himself into slavery and who, as soon as he is bought, asks to be given his freedom while still keeping his purchase money.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3900 on: November 09, 2021, 07:30:19 AM »

'From all eternity the Lord has judged it fitting, and willed it, that you should suffer those bodily ailments, those assaults of Satan, and those persecutions from men. Look upon them with the eye of faith, and adore the good pleasure of God by pious short prayers.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3901 on: November 10, 2021, 07:36:20 PM »

'It is not food that is evil but gluttony, not the begetting of children but unchastity, not material things but avarice, not esteem but self-esteem. This being so, it is only the misuse of things that is evil, and such misuse occurs when the intellect fails to cultivate its natural powers.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3902 on: November 11, 2021, 07:05:57 PM »

'Love not the world, nor the things which are in the world. If any man love the world, the charity of the Father is not in him.'

1 John 2:15

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3903 on: November 12, 2021, 02:07:36 AM »

'Shun useless conversation. We lose by it both time and the spirit of devotion.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: