Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:07:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233130 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3920 on: November 29, 2021, 08:43:58 AM »

'If no poor could be found in the world, men ought to go in search of them, and dig them up from underground to do them good, and to be merciful to them.'

St. Camillus de Lellis

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3921 on: November 30, 2021, 06:49:03 AM »

'I suffer, and my groans go up unceasingly to Thee my Comforter. Into Thy most adorable Heart I shed my tears. To It I confide my sighs and my anguish; to Its bitter sorrows I confide my bitter sorrows. Sanctify them, my Jesus, by this holy union.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3922 on: December 02, 2021, 03:34:31 AM »

'Jesus Christ at His birth: I contemplate Him there with Mary and Joseph. What conditions, though! Lying in a manger where animals feed! Humiliation, privation, suffering.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3923 on: December 04, 2021, 12:41:38 AM »

'I tell you that you must purify your soul from all inclination to venial sin; that is to say, you must not voluntarily retain any deliberate intention of permitting yourself to commit any venial sin whatever.'

St. Francis de Sales

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3924 on: December 04, 2021, 09:16:07 AM »

'For it is impossible that God and sin, however slight, should remain together, for such an impediment would prevent the soul from attaining to his glory. And as a little thing that thou hast in thine eye will not allow thee to see the sun, and as it is possible to compare the difference between God and the sun to that between the intellectual vision and that of the bodily eye, it is plain that the great opposition between the one and the other can never be truly imagined.

St. Catherine of Genoa

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3925 on: December 05, 2021, 06:45:30 AM »

'Give alms out of thy substance, and turn not away thy face from any poor person: for so it shall come to pass that the face of the Lord shall not be turned from thee.

According to thy ability be merciful. If thou have much, give abundantly; if thou have little, take care even so to bestow willingly a little.

But do not hesitate to give alms; for thus thou storest up to thyself a good reward for the day of necessity.

For alms deliver from all sin, and from death, and will not suffer the soul to go into darkness.

Alms shall be a great confidence before the most high God, to all them that give it.'

Tobias 4:7-12

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3926 on: December 07, 2021, 08:13:12 AM »

'. . . it is at the theatre that the flesh and the devil assault the minds and hearts of young people, by every means calculated to instil the poison of vice; to enervate the soul, and flatter the passions, by a general and simultaneous movement of all the allurements and charms of the senses.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3927 on: December 08, 2021, 02:58:27 AM »

'Divine love takes its sword to the hidden recesses of our inmost soul and divides us from ourselves. I know one person whom love cut off from all that was dearest to her, just as completely and effectively as if a tyrant's blade had severed spirit from body.'

St. Jane Frances de Chantal

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3928 on: December 09, 2021, 06:49:41 AM »

'Already the walls of the prison are crumbling to dust, and the prisoner is about to enjoy the liberty of the children of God.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3929 on: December 10, 2021, 06:22:54 PM »

'I beg you to close to creatures the door of your heart, and to keep yourself shut up in the interior of your soul, that you may commune peacefully with your Beloved.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3930 on: December 11, 2021, 08:33:06 PM »

'This very moment I may, if I desire, become the friend of God.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3931 on: December 12, 2021, 05:12:25 PM »

'Our works are of no value if they be not united to the merits of Jesus Christ.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3932 on: December 13, 2021, 06:56:31 PM »

'Know that He wishes more love than fear from you. Therefore, abandon yourself to His love, and let Him act in you, with you and for you, according to His desire and good pleasure.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Benedict

Patron Saint Benedict

View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: December 13, 2021, 08:11:19 PM »

"Knowledge of holy living is knowledge of meekness and humility.
Humility is the imitation of Christ.
Highmindedness and boldness and shamelessness, the imitation of the devil.
Become and imitator of Christ, not of Antichrist;
of God and not of the adversary of God;
of the Master, not of the fugitive slave;
of the Merciful One, not the merciless;
of the Lover of Mankind, not the enemy of mankind;
of the inhabitants of the bridal chamber, not the inhabitants of darkness."
Saint Basil the Great from On Renunciation of the World

PAX
CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI
CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX!
NON DRACO SIT MIHI DUX!
VADE RETRO SATANA!
NUMQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA!
SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS
IPSE VENENA BIBAS!
All Glory Be To God!
All Praise Be To God!
For God Is Greater Than All Things!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Glory to Th
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3934 on: December 14, 2021, 04:06:00 AM »

'Love and self-control strengthen the soul; pure prayer and contemplation, the intellect.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3935 on: December 15, 2021, 07:13:10 AM »

'May you no longer have any liberty except to love Him. May no other light illumine your soul, no other aim absorb your heart than that of His pure love which keeps Him a prisoner in the Blessed Sacrament. You will ask Him, through the merits of this captivity, to set free His poor prisoners in Purgatory.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: