Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:35:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 299 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1238876 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3952 on: January 04, 2022, 11:54:56 AM »

'I guard you in advance against beasts in the form of men, whom you must not only not receive, but if it is possible not even meet, but only pray for them, if perchance they may repent. . .'

St. Ignatius of Antioch

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3953 on: January 05, 2022, 08:42:05 AM »

'It is a most useful thing to say often, and from the heart, "Lord, do not put any confidence in me, for I am sure to fall if Thou dost not help me;" or, "O my Lord, look for nothing but evil from me."'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3954 on: January 06, 2022, 03:41:08 PM »

'The most simple means to be always favored with new gifts and graces, and to love God more and more, is to look with the eye of faith into the abyss of our nothingness, and, in the fear which this sight will inspire, to fly into the interior of the desert, in the abyss of the Divinity, wherein we let our nothingness disappear and passively receive divine inspirations.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3955 on: January 07, 2022, 07:29:50 PM »

'We read in the holy Canticles, that at the Assumption of the Virgin, the angels three times asked her name: "Who is she that goeth up by the desert as a pillar of smoke?" "Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising?" And in another: "Who is this that cometh up from the desert, flowing with delights?" Richard of St. Laurence inquires why the angels so often asked the name of this queen, and answers: The sound of the name of Mary was so sweet to the angels, and they repeated the question that they might hear it repeated also.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3956 on: January 08, 2022, 04:43:57 AM »

'May I let Jesus lead me more easily. May I be ready to accept everything, even mortification, powerlessness, living in darkness, being hidden like Jesus in a dark prison. If I let it, this prison or whatever this mortification may be will be the heart of Mary for me.'

St. Bernadette Soubirous

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3957 on: January 09, 2022, 07:05:30 PM »

'Every day make a visit to the Blessed Sacrament, and when the duties of your state of life prevent you, visit Him in spirit.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3958 on: January 10, 2022, 04:43:30 PM »

'The first step in the practice of the virtues is faith in Christ; its consummation, the love of Christ.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3959 on: January 11, 2022, 09:16:01 PM »

'You should never find fault with, accuse or judge anyone but yourself, so that your lips that are destined to praise God, and your tongue on which the Sacred Host so often rests, may not serve Satan as instruments to sully your soul.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3960 on: January 12, 2022, 03:34:33 PM »

'He who opposes unpleasant events opposes the command of God unwittingly. But when someone accepts them with real knowledge, he "waits patiently for the Lord" (Ps. 27; 14).'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3961 on: January 13, 2022, 04:43:56 AM »

'Hardship and humility save the soul and free it from all the passions.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3962 on: January 14, 2022, 04:28:23 PM »

'May the holy cross of Christ remain ever planted in our heart! May our mind be grafted on this tree of life, and may it produce worthy fruits of penance, through the merits of the death of the true Author of life!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3963 on: January 15, 2022, 05:35:57 AM »

'All that the Father giveth to me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me, I will not cast out.'

John 6:37

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3964 on: January 16, 2022, 02:16:18 PM »

'In your trials, have recourse to Mary, and she will remedy them.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3965 on: January 17, 2022, 07:16:29 PM »

'Real knowledge has been given to men by God as a grace preceding the fullness of grace; it teaches those who partake of it to believe above all in the Giver.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3966 on: January 18, 2022, 09:51:38 PM »

'If it happens that the authority of Sacred Scripture is set in opposition to clear and certain reasoning, this must mean that the person who interprets Scripture does not understand it correctly. It is not the meaning of Scripture that is opposed to the truth, but the meaning that he has wanted to give it.'

St. Augustine

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3967 on: January 19, 2022, 02:40:23 AM »

'How patiently Christ, the King and Lord of heaven and earth, bore with the apostles, enduring at their hands many incivilities and misbeliefs, they being but poor and rough fishermen! How much more ought we to bear with our neighbour, if he treats us with incivility.'

St. Philip Neri

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 299 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: