Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:16:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233169 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4128 on: June 29, 2022, 06:15:29 PM »

'There is no doubt that God will never be wanting to us, provided that He finds in us that humility which makes us worthy of His gifts, the desire of possessing them, and the promptitude to co-operate industriously with the graces He gives us.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4129 on: June 30, 2022, 07:44:36 AM »

'Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, with thy whole soul, and with thy whole strength.'

Deut. 6:5

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4130 on: July 01, 2022, 02:37:12 PM »

'O Jesus, my sweet hope, may the divine Heart, already torn by love for me and open to all sinners, be the safe asylum of my soul.'

St. Gertrude

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4131 on: July 02, 2022, 05:45:07 PM »

'Never be tired of recommending devotion to the Sacred Heart; it is through It that God wills to save many souls from everlasting death. This Divine Heart is an assured refuge against God's just wrath towards sinners.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4132 on: July 03, 2022, 07:18:03 PM »

'The proof of love is in the works. Where love exists, it works great things. But when it ceases to act, it ceases to exist.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4133 on: July 04, 2022, 06:46:45 PM »

'He who, on account of the duties of his state of life, cannot devote much time to prayer, need not be troubled; the exact fulfilment of his duties, with a pure intention, having only God in view, is an excellent prayer.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4134 on: July 05, 2022, 08:18:19 PM »

'Let us not believe we can love without suffering, without suffering much. . . Our poor nature is there! and it isn't there for nothing! . . . Our nature is our riches, our means of earning our bread!'

St. Therese of Lisieux

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4135 on: July 06, 2022, 01:56:32 PM »

'Nor do I seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe that I may understand. For this too I believe, that unless I first believe, I shall not understand.'

St. Anselm of Canterbury

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4136 on: July 07, 2022, 04:27:29 PM »

'Then I read the Gospel, and saw there that a great means of reaching perfection was the selling of one's goods, the sharing of them with the poor, the giving up of all care for this life, and the refusal to allow the soul to be turned by any sympathy towards things of earth.'

St. Basil the Great

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4137 on: July 08, 2022, 04:34:34 AM »

'Reject all thoughts of greed, and you will be able to see the devil's tricks.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4138 on: July 09, 2022, 01:39:00 AM »

'Six things there are, which our Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: Lofty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that deviseth most wicked devises, feet swift to run into evil, deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that among brethren soweth discords.'

Proverbs 6:16-19

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4139 on: July 10, 2022, 01:29:45 AM »

'And we denounce unto you, brethren, in the name of our Lord JESUS Christ, that you withdraw yourselves from every brother walking inordinately, and not according to the tradition which they have received of us.'

2 Thessalonians 3:6

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4140 on: July 11, 2022, 02:44:12 AM »

'The first time that I had these recollections with a vision, it seemed to me that I saw, on a sudden, Our Lord with a heavy cross on His shoulders, when He invited me to take a part in that precious treasure. This invitation was given by communication rather than by words. At that instant I felt a strong desire of sufferings, and it seemed that the Lord planted the cross in my heart, giving me to understand the value of suffering. This understanding I received in the following manner. It appeared as if all sorts of torments were represented to me, and, at the same moment, I saw them transformed into jewels and precious stones, all of which were made in the figure of the cross. During this time, I was given to know that God wished pure suffering in me; and then the vision disappeared. When I came to myself, I felt a violent pain in my head, which has never since left me, and so eager was my desire of suffering, that I would willingly have faced every torment that can be conceived. From that moment I have ever had in my mouth these words, "The cross and sufferings are jewels and joys.."'

St. Veronica Guiliani

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4141 on: July 12, 2022, 05:25:43 AM »

'To conquer himself is the grandest victory that man can gain.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4142 on: July 13, 2022, 04:16:31 AM »

' . . . because without charity nothing can be acceptable to God, nor does anything profit unto eternal life in the absence of charity. Now it happens that certain persons persevere in works of mercy without having charity. Wherefore nothing profits them to the meriting of eternal life, or to exemption from eternal punishment, as may be gathered from 1 Corinthians 13:3. Most evident is this in the case of those who lay hands on other people's property, for after seizing on many things, they nevertheless spend something in works of mercy.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4143 on: July 14, 2022, 06:20:35 AM »

'God's ways are incomprehensible. He uses very sharp files, which penetrate the heart and remove the rust. His files are all spiritual.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: