Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:56:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1232680 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4160 on: July 31, 2022, 08:00:43 PM »

'The unreasonable and excessive man cannot labor for any length of time in God's service; just like the steed that, running immoderately at first, gives out half way in the course, and cannot reach its destination.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4161 on: August 01, 2022, 03:18:58 PM »

'Any tempest which assails us and which we did not bring on ourselves through any fault of ours, foretells a consolation soon to follow it.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4162 on: August 02, 2022, 08:49:27 AM »

'Only the person who becomes irate without reason, sins. Whoever becomes irate for a just reason is not guilty. Because, if ire were lacking, the science of God would not progress, judgments would not be sound, and crimes would not be repressed.'

St. Thomas Aquinas

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4163 on: August 04, 2022, 12:54:34 AM »

'There are three things which produce love of material wealth: self-indulgence, self-esteem and lack of faith. Lack of faith is more dangerous than the other two.

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4164 on: August 04, 2022, 12:54:56 AM »

'While at prayer, I begged our Lord to make known to me by what means I could satisfy the desire that I had to love Him. He gave me to understand, that one cannot better show one's love for Him than by loving one's neighbor for love of Him; and that I must work for the salvation of others, forgetting my own interests in order to espouse those of my neighbor, both in my prayers and in all the good I might be able to do by the mercy of God.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4165 on: August 05, 2022, 12:01:11 AM »

'Nulla dies sine linea: Do not let a day pass without doing some good during it.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4166 on: August 05, 2022, 02:43:36 AM »

'We should not measure our spiritual progress by our deeds, our amiability, or our love of solitude, but by the violence we do ourselves.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4167 on: August 06, 2022, 06:11:28 AM »

'Another force that drives me to preach and hear confessions is my desire to make my neighbor happy. If there is so much joy in healing the sick, freeing the prisoner, consoling the afflicted, and cheering the sad, then there is far greater joy in bringing one's neighbor to the glory of heaven. It means saving him from every evil and bringing him to the enjoyment of every good -- and for all eternity. Mortals cannot understand this just now, but when they are in glory they will know the great good that was offered them and that they will have, happily, attained. Then they will sing the everlasting mercies of the Lord and bless those who have been merciful to them.'

St. Anthony Mary Claret

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4168 on: August 07, 2022, 01:24:27 AM »

'In visiting the dying we should not say many words to them, but rather help them by praying for them.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4169 on: August 08, 2022, 03:53:22 AM »

'I am at the sea-shore; a drop of water is suspended from my finger. I ask this water: Poor drop, where would you wish to be? It replies: In the sea. And what do I in answer to this appeal? I shake my finger and let the poor little drop fall into the sea. Now, I ask you, is it not true that this drop of water is in the sea? Certainly it is there; but go and seek it, now that it is lost in the ocean, its centre. If it had a tongue, what would it say? Deduce the consequence and apply the parable to yourself. Lose sight of the heavens, the earth, the sea and its rivers, and all created things, and permit this soul that God has given you to lose herself in this infinitely great and good God Who is her first cause.'

St. Paul of the Cross

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4170 on: August 09, 2022, 04:10:05 AM »

'And be on guard that you are not deceived by the mere appearance of good, for the devil sometimes appears in the appearance of Christ or of the virgin Mary or in the shape of an angel of a saint.'

St. Catherine of Bologna

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4171 on: August 10, 2022, 05:29:34 AM »

'If a man disregards the commandment about prayer, he then commits worse acts of disobedience, each one handing him over to the next like a prisoner.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4172 on: August 11, 2022, 07:44:25 PM »

'To preserve our cheerfulness amid sicknesses and troubles, is a sign of a right and good spirit.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4173 on: August 12, 2022, 05:13:28 AM »

'And all the days of thy life have God in thy mind: and take heed thou never consent to sin, nor transgress the commandments of the Lord our God.'

Tobais 4:6

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4174 on: August 13, 2022, 05:28:39 AM »

'To advance in the way of perfection it does not suffice to say a number of weak prayers; our principal care should be to acquire solid virtues.'

St. Teresa of Jesus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4175 on: August 14, 2022, 07:30:14 PM »

'Philosophize through your works about man's will and God's retribution. For your words are only as wise and as profitable as your works.'

St. Mark the Ascetic

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: