Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 298 Print
Author Topic: Quote for the Day  (Read 1233166 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4320 on: January 17, 2023, 06:07:59 AM »

'When I placed before Him my humble petitions regarding those things that seem difficult to obtain (concerning the devotion to the Sacred Heart), I seemed to hear these words: "Dost thou believe that I can do this? If thou dost believe thou shall behold the omnipotence of My Heart in the magnificence of My love." As I watch its steady progress I hear those other words: "Did I not indeed tell thee, that if thou couldst believe, thou shouldst see thy desires accomplished?"'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4321 on: January 17, 2023, 06:09:04 AM »

'We ought not ordinarily to believe prophecies or to desire them, because it is possible there may be many deceits and snares of the devil therein.'

St. Philip Neri

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4322 on: January 18, 2023, 08:48:10 AM »

'Our true worth does not consist in what human beings think of us. What we really are consists in what God knows us to be.'

St. John Berchmans

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4323 on: January 19, 2023, 02:38:00 PM »

'He who has renounced the world or despises it should resemble a statue which does not prevent itself being dressed in rags, nor being despoiled of the purple which ornaments it.'

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4324 on: January 20, 2023, 01:57:01 PM »

'The experience of suffering afflicts the senses; distress annuls sensual pleasure.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4325 on: January 21, 2023, 06:02:07 PM »

'A slight sabre-cut will separate my head from my body, like the spring flower which the Master of the garden gathers for His pleasure. We are all flowers planted on this earth, which God plucks in His own good time: some a little sooner, some a little later. Father and son may we meet in Paradise. I, poor little moth, go first. Adieu.'

St. Jean-Theophane Venard, from a letter to his father

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4326 on: January 22, 2023, 09:52:35 AM »

'Let us each realize, then, what we have lost and repeat the lamentation of the prophet: "Our inheritance is despoiled by strangers and our house by aliens" (Lam. 5:2), because we disobeyed the commandment and surrendered ourselves to our own desires, delighting in sordid and worldly thoughts. Then our soul was far away from God and we were like fatherless orphans. Thus, if we are concerned for our own soul we must make every effort to purge away evil thoughts and "all the self-esteem that exalts itself against the knowledge of God" (2 Cor. 10:5). And when we have forcibly applied ourselves to keeping God's temple spotless, then He who promised to make His dwelling in it will come to us. Then the soul recovers its inheritance and is privileged to become a temple of God. For, after thus Himself expelling the devil and his army, from henceforth He reigns within us.'

St. Symeon Metaphrastis

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4327 on: January 23, 2023, 05:40:30 PM »

'I know the plans I have in mind for you - it is the Lord who speaks - plans for peace, not disaster, reserving a future full of hope for you. When you seek me you shall find me, when you seek me with all your heart.'

Jeremias 29:11,13

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4328 on: January 24, 2023, 11:06:15 AM »

'Our time is short.'

St. John Climacus

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4329 on: January 25, 2023, 08:04:59 PM »

'Just as it is easier to sin in the mind than in action, so warfare through our impassioned conceptual images of things is harder than warfare through the things themselves.'

St. Maximos the Confessor

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4330 on: January 26, 2023, 08:27:45 PM »

'The devotion to the Eucharist is the most noble, because it has God as its object; it is the most profitable for salvation, because it gives us the Author of Grace; it is the sweetest, because the Lord is Sweetness Itself.'

Pope St. Pius X

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4331 on: January 27, 2023, 10:23:48 PM »

'How is it, my dear brethren, that so few Christians behave with one end only in view -- to please God? Here is the reason, pure and simple. It is just that the vast majority of Christians are enveloped in the most shocking ignorance.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4332 on: January 28, 2023, 06:46:13 PM »

'Nothing is more unworthy of a Christian whose life should be an imitation of a God who is the soul of Honor and Truth itself, than to think one thing and say another.'

St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Cure of Ars

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4333 on: January 29, 2023, 09:59:17 AM »

'Keep the commandments, and you will find peace; love God, and you will attain spiritual knowledge.'

St. Thalassios the Libyan

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4334 on: January 30, 2023, 02:44:01 AM »

'Never let a sick man set himself to reason with the devil, otherwise he will inevitably be taken in; let him appeal to his ghostly father, of whom the devil stands in mortal fear.'

St. Philip Neri

Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4335 on: January 31, 2023, 11:23:25 AM »

'Let them fear the dreadful judgment of God, lest, for the gratification of their carnal appetites, they incur the torments of eternal punishment.'

Pope St. Gregory the Great

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 298 Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Saints' & Spiritual Life General Discussion  |  Topic: Quote for the Day « previous next »
Jump to: