Saints' Discussion Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:37:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Calendar Mailbox Quotes Prayers Books Login Register
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: New Books - St. Vincent Ferrer & St. Teresa of Jesus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Books - St. Vincent Ferrer & St. Teresa of Jesus  (Read 3276 times)
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:28:28 AM »

We have some new books added to Saints' Books.

Abbe Maynard's 'Virtues and Spiritual Doctrine of St. Vincent de Paul'

'He did not look on beautiful landscapes, or at magnificent buildings. He never plucked a flower. To their perfume he preferred the fetid odor of hospitals, or of the sick room. Notwithstanding his sensibility to extreme temperatures he never took any precaution against cold or heat; he never wore gloves in winter, and his hands, like his limbs, were swollen and chapped.'

'A Few Sweet Flowers Collected from the Writings of St. Teresa'

'The life above, the life on high, alone is life in verity; Nor can we life at all enjoy, till this poor life is o'er; Then, O sweet Death! no longer fly, from me, who, ere my time to die, am dying evermore; for evermore I weep and die, dying because I do not die.'

Also please note we have a book of meditations for this holy season for download, noted in the featured section at the top of the library.

Please enjoy the splendid books!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Patricia
Established

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »

Thank you, Shin!!  Little Angel

'His mother saith to the servants: Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye.'
~~~John 2:5
Shin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »

St. Teresa's prayer poem, which a bit of is quoted in above, is at the end of the book in the appendix. It's beautiful to read. Cheesy

Deo gratias et Mariae semper Virgini!

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus. (The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:12,5)
Pages: [1] Print 
Saints' Discussion Forums  |  Forums  |  Announcements, News & Updates  |  Topic: New Books - St. Vincent Ferrer & St. Teresa of Jesus « previous next »
Jump to: